Weekly craft challenge Oct.5th-12th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Same list going to try and get some of it done

Things that have to get done:
/Emma's blanket(while sitting at sons football practice)

Halloween Stuff:
Make 3 milk jug skeltons
Paint and decorate halloween tree x2
start on kids costumes once they give me final ok

Other stuff as I have time:
Put together and start decorating gingerbread house
snowmen garland
8 scarfs
Start looking for fleece for 8 more blankets
1st Plastic Canvas Village
/Country Cottage(base done)
/Mountain Chalet(almost done)
/Folk Town House(just need to glue on roof and chimmeny)
Tudor Half-Timber
Suburban Bungalow
Gingerbread
Oak Tree
Fence
Cafe' & Post Office
Antique Shop
Candy Store
Crafts Shop
General Store
Library
2nd Plastic Canvas Village
Coffee Shop
Flower Shop
Fire Department
Pet Shop
/Barn(just have to glue on roof)
Grocery
Salon
Garage
School

Also need to look thru master list to add and delete where needed

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I need to do the following:

( ) 18 travel size kleenex holders. (have 3 done)

( ) Get the 12 days of Christmas items done

( ) Try my luck at envelope style pillow covers (gobs of Christmas material purchased last year at 75% off for this ideal)

Decide on other items to make.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I have started scarves #7 & 8. (Well, 7 was started a few weeks ago, 8 over the weekend). I must work on them, aiming to get at least 6 foot done on #8, and at least 3 foot done on #7 (it's a thinner wool and needles, and more complicated pattern).

I am also making good progress with the decluttering generally, which should mean that my week of sewing in 3 weeks time is still on track.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Will work on crochet frog for DN... and next week is HALLOWEEN crafts!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Lana just some small things but right now everything counts.

Well not much if anything will get done on my list this week. We have another project to get done. We found out that my grandfather is ready to die and it could be anytime now. His doctor and Hospice thought it was going to be yesturday as his oxygen levels were very low and still are. Yesturday was my birthday and it happens to be a tradition in my family that some one dies on a holiday or a birthday. Luckly my grandpa is a stubborn, mean old man and held on thru yesturday. He is 3000 miles away of his family except for my aunt and nefhew, he went to live with my aunt almost a year ago. When I called yesturday my aunt put the phone up to his ear so that I could tell him that it was not his day to go. She said he opened his eyes when I told him that. He stopped talking, eating and everything else two days ago. Needless to say I had a very emotional and depressing birthday.

But me and my cousin are getting prepared now we will have a week after it happens for his body to be transported home for funeral. But we are going thru all his papers and pictures now so that we can get picture boards done to display at the funeral home. Out of 26 grandchildren only 3 of us have ever been close to him. Maybe because we are just like him. So doing it during that time will be to hard. But we have had fun reading letters and looking thru pictures. It's amazing to see what he has done in his over 90 years of life.

So main goal this week is going thru everything and getting the picture boards done which will be about 6 of them. We have his baseball career to cover, his childhood, family, traveling and such to do.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Had my 2 nieces overnight (5 and 3) so told them today that they could each make an ornament for their parents for Christmas. Not sure if we will pour the paint into the glass balls or I am leaning towards painting their hand and then they cup a colored ornament with their fingers apart slightly and then you have 5 snowmen. Have to paint the face on. There is a little poem that goes with it. Was in a Gooseberry book and last year I took the ideal to my boss and she did it with her little grandson. Turned out cute. I have so many of their books will have to search the Christmas ones to find it again.

Think I will start sewing before they are up and around.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Lana and wadeallie thank you both. My grandpa finally passed on Thursday afternoon. When I got the call all I really felt until I had to tell my 9 yr old (favorite great grandchild) was the waiting was finally over. He is now pain free, and in a better place.

No crafting got done at all this week with everything going on.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I'm so sorry for your families lost. Your in our thoughts & prayers.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I haven't worked on my 12 days of Christmas items this week but have gotten 15 more kleenex holders done. Believe I have 6 more to do and that will be done. They are so easy and I think they would nice in the purse so the plastic bag doesn't get ripped up. (the travel size. Hope the receivers think that.) Should finish them up today or tom..

BamaMom

Retire Member
Sep 13, 2008
Anniston, AL
www.slumberpartiesbytif.com
So sorry for your loss, but heres prayers and hopes that you can get what you need to get done. Sometimes it feels as if the neverending list just keeps on getting additions to it! But the moment you finish one task and cross it off the list, the feeling is great, so keep that in mind!! :hat: