What Did You Most Enjoy Eating At A Potluck Celebration?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Not what did YOU cook. What did you discover on the buffet table and just love eating?

At our Memorial Day Celebration, the biggest hits were definitely the all-meat dishes! Popeye's Fried Chicken (from the takeout place) was popular #1! Bar-B-Q boneless ribs were a huge hit! Sliced honey-baked ham was received with joy! Oh - and somebody brought a platter of bar-b-q'd hot dogs, in buns, with the condiment! The kids ADORED those (as well as the Popeye's chicken!)

There were a lot of pasta salads - they didn't go over well at all. Maybe people just associate Memorial Day with bar-b-q'd meats!

Not just at Memorial Day, but what have YOU loved discovering that somebody else brought to the pot luck?

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Our last potluck at work, we had the little smokies wrapped a small piece of crescent roll and baked and served with a sauce (if you wanted). Have had hot dogs like that years ago but the little smokies were good.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Okay....this is more of a desert. When I was growing up there was a woman at my church who without fail made these chocolate squares with coloured marshmallows in them. They were more the consistency of fudge than a square or brownie....but they were SOOOO good. I've always wished I'd asked her for the recipe.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Chicken wings! And yes the sweets. I try anything new or different. I usually don't taste the "normal" items.