What did you receive for Christmas?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I like hearing what people received... give me ideas for gifts for others and also to make my own gift list of what I want

DD & DS made me a 2014 scrapbook album that dd did and it's the best gift ever.
DH gave me a tea bottle and a coupon to go to a show of my choice.
MIL - $50
My parents - a pj, a crockpot,
Gift exchange with my siblings: calender a watercolor a day, tai-chi dvd, chocolate

In my stocking.. 3 Christmas ornaments, 3 pairs of earrings, chocolate, usb key, some tea (black forest cake), a chakra necklace, anne of Green Gables dvd collection.

That's what I remember.

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
DH: A beautiful area rug I wanted.
Gift Exchange: Plush robe with matching slippers
Stocking: Earrings, knit & crochet stitch markers custom made

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
mom-Christmas ornament

Aunt Im-money

Exchange from 3 ladies at work-snowman cookie jar, bath and body cream & coupon to a place we order lunch from, a pair of slippers, Mary Kay hand cream, and a crocheted scarf.

3 kids and Teigan- Kohls gift card, Hobby Lobby gift card, 3 or 4 sets of lotion and gel from bath and body and then a gift card to Red Lobster for Allen and I.

Allen- white diamonds, 2 flippers and a hand mixer.

Friends from Iowa-soxs and cream

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I was very blessed,
From family 4 pandora charms,
Perfume from DH
1 cd from DS
1 cd from DD
In stocking a "boo boo kit", new wooden spoons and some bath items.

From mum,
Drinks pack,
Framed picture
New comforter for bed.

I am sure I am missing something, I was very spoiled.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
From DH and DDs: Kitchen Aid stand mixer (yea!), work-out clothes, books, gift cards
From DS and DDIL: pajamas
From Dsis1: scarf
From Dsis2: crock pot
From Mom: leather gloves

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
DH: Barnes & Noble gift card, calendar, 2 pairs of earrings, some fancy mustards, and a new water bottle
DS/DDIL: a tool bag and a new sewing basket
DB/DSIL: book and mug that looks like a lab beaker
DS/DBIL: more books, a Lucille Ball DVD collection
DSIL: Barnes and Noble gift card-are you sensing a theme here-LOL, a candle and candy
Secret Santa (work): calendar, 2 books about the history of Asheville, Christmas ornament

Love seeing what everyone else receives too-getting some new ideas!

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
I had lots of goodies. Most of which I purchased myself so I have no one to blame if I did not like them.

Santa Sack: Books to read at the beach (Light reading only I prefer easy reads on the beach), Blender, selection of shower gel, bath items, Perfume, lots of DVD's (love the old Doris Day comedies), lip balm, pancake mix and mini skillet in shape of bear to make bear shaped pancakes, DVD shelf, summer tops, dress, swim costume, beach shoes, car air freshener, storage baskets.

From DS: sunscreen, chocolates, bath stuff
From Friends: Christmas Ornament from Tiffany and Co (I collect them), chocolates, fancy French Champagne, home made treats (I am not a baker)

Sugarplum

MHH Member
Jan 4, 2013
Florida
From DH - Super luxurious furry long robe, diamond glitter hoop earrings (which I always wanted but never told him!), Holiday Inn dvd, spa socks and some other little things.
From DD - Gift card to JC Penney, nail polish and chocolates.
From DS - He painted a large canvas of a picture I took in Ft. Myers. Hanging in my kitchen - Love it!
From 1 Sister - Flower arrangement, gift card to Red Lobster and pj set with socks.
From Brother - Crabcakes from MD for me and DH.
From female boss - a very generous check. DH and I will use part to go out to a nice dinner when we are both feeling 100%.

From the other 2 bosses - a bag of food items and the other nothing. This after I just did a huge job that they would have never gotten done without me. Pretty disappointing, but not unexpected.

Still waiting for gifts from my oldest sister which were delivered to a wrong address and she is replacing. But she did send 2 Christmas books for the kindle.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Knew I'd forgotten some:

Hostess gifts I got for NY's Eve
From 3 sils & MIL gc to the restaurant and for the grocery store.
DB & SIL: a clock her sister makes (I must say I don't actually like it though even if it is done by her sis's home company... no numbers on it at all... have to find a place to put it though).
DB & SIL: a beautiful cheese plate and some hand care products.
Sis: hand soap and had cream in Christmas trees to put on my bathroom sink they are beautiful!
Mom brought homemade chocolates.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Christmas 2014 Gifts

3 GCs for Caribou-excellent
2 GCs for Red Lobster
A stuffed Moose (I collect Christmas ones)
A "My new name is Grandma"
A flashlight (Dh loves these things)
A book on the Stories about the Songs of Christmas (very interesting)
A Star stained glass ornament
And the best gift was a carving done from some photos of my Dad before he died. It is just wonderful. The young guy who carved this will be well known in the coming years. He is very good and already winning awards for his talent. He's a senior in HS right now.

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
I don't know if I can remember everything.

From dd & fam, and ds#1: a new desk chair and a new shredder
From Steve & Mel: a basket of bath goodies
Secret Sister at church: candle
Neighbor: gc to Pizza King. Best darned pizza EVER!
From my friend at the dentist: gc to my fave restaurant
From niece: box of Whitman's candies and lottery tickets
CW: a very nice warm jacket, candle from bath and body, some body scrub
New make CW: box of chocolates, gc to Subway, to Starbucks
Another CW: gloves, hat and scarf to go with my jacket, and she made me this wood thing depicting the nativity ( like 3 slats of wood she painted)
Norm: new boots and a new case for my iPad
His family: gc to Catherine's, bath and body stuff, wax melts
Dare I put K?: a giant coffee mug, 3 candles, 3 books, a word search book, gc to White Castle, hand warmers. He kind of knows me, or rather, knew me.
I was very blessed, indeed.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Hmmm, let's see if I can remember everything.

From DH: Canvases, acrylic paint, brushes, tabletop easel, boot socks, tiny measuring cup for ounces, a couple wooden signs (Americana style, from the kids as well), ornament
From Mom and Stepdad: GC to B&N, ornament, chip clip thing, large Americana style wooden sign, calendar
Neighbor Friend: Small birdcage with potpourri inside, a wooden sign
From In-Laws: They always give us a check.
From Brother and SIL: Ornament

I know i'm missing things but I can't remember what right now.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I got a purse from my inlaws.
My parents gave us a beautiful coffee maker covered in Swarovski crystals. My husband isn't as fond of the sparkly coffee maker, but I love it! They also gave us a toaster oven, a waffle maker, a cake keeper, and a sweater each.
I also got theatre tickets, restaurant gift certificates, LUSH bathbombs, and voice recognition software to help me make this the year I submit a novel.
We don't exchange with very many people.

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
If I can remember everything which I am sure I won't
Ds#1 &family , a purse and a bible cover- matching except different verses on them
Ds#2 &family, a set of 4 lamps that I have been wanting and a picture
Ds#3 & family, a beautiful amethyst necklace from my favorite jewelry store and family portraits
Sis#1 bath sponge with bath gel and lotion
Sis #2 a salt crystal candle holder and a Guy Fieri knife
Gift exchange with ladies club, a crockpot
Gift exchange with extended family, a Bath &Body gift card
Various other gifts: an ornament, Christmas spatula, coffee mugs , coffee, hot chocolate, 3 sets of bath&body lotion, flower arrangement, movie gift card, lip moisture & hand sanitizer from B$B, a beautiful Lenox Christmas cup & saucer. I think that is it! Oh, a couple of nice candles from B&B

p.a.

Premiere Member
Oct 31, 2007
From my girls- they got together and bought me an electric fireplace , total surprise and I love it
Youngest dd framed a picture of a place that means a lot to me
Dgd - her and mom made me a christmas plate , it's her feet upside down shaped like a tree and then they made me 3 ornaments for my tree
( I love handmade gifts)
SS- two nutcracker ornaments and candies
Stocking- I love my dd does this for me....scratch tkts, nail brush set, chocolates, pics of my dgd, I know there Was more but can't remember

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
This is such a great idea. This Christmas I may take a photo of my gifts before I put them away.:smilegifts:

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
www.jeniferdwn.blogspot.com
Great Post!!!

hubby and kids: Mini laptop for my scrapbooking, photos and MY STUFF!! lol!, popcorn tin, jeans, candy and ornament in stocking
my puppies and bunnies: fuzzy socks and PJs
mom: 3 bottles of Ed Hardy perfume/cologne, Chihuahua t-shirt, Chihuahua hoodie, and 12 days of Christmas gifts
Dad:DVD drive and external hard drive for my laptop
grandma:money and jacket
borther:$50 GC to Hobby lobby (big surprise!!!)
brother and SIL : scrapbooking supplies and bracelet with dog charm
friend at work: huge Christmas cactus in handpainted pot
FIL:money
I bought myself a few new Christmas Elf ornaments since I collect them.
I have a very dear friend that lives in another state and we exchange boxes full of fun surprises, but we are always late with mailing our packages and as of yet, neither of us have received our Christmas boxes! LOL

This wasn't for Christmas but I thought I'd share this anyway as it is one of the most special gifts I've ever received. In August for my birthday, my 12 yr old dd took a set of envelopes and decorated them with colored pencils. She wrote something on each one such as "open when lonely", "open when sad" " open when you want a walk down memory lane" etc. Inside each one is a letter she wrote to me. the memory one talks about fun memories, the sad one tells me about how much I have to be thankful for and how much my family loves me, the overwhelmed one tells me to slow down and take a deep breath, etc. It is the most thoughtful thing I have ever seen and it came from a 12 year old!!! she said she got the idea from Pinterest.