"What do you like to do on a "Me Day"?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Belles

Retire Member
Not that I actually get one that often but I decide this morning that today was going to be a me day, so far I have made Scuppernong Grape jelly, put out a few fall decorations, started a big pot of chili beans for dinner and had time to update my BellesFamilylbog. I even played around with some different table settings. Now I'm going to work on Christmas cards and listen to Christmas music...I'm having such a great Me Day!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Congrats on your 'me' day! It's good for you.

Looked at your blogs and they are nice. Those Christmas decorations are great!

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Looks like a great me day! Your table settings looked great!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I am moving towards a "Celebrate Me Day". It may be this afternoon! I have been doing a lot of cleaning and scrubbing this morning. And I am getting nicely physically tired! The house has stayed in good shape since the First Wednesday Women's Wine/Whine Night, at my home, the first week of February! AND....... in our MHH Cleaning Plans section, the "Two-Weeks Per Room/Project" seems to be working well! Give it a try -- you can jump in where we are. (Don't try to catch up. That would be too much. Just join in and come along with us.)

Anyway -- this all leads up to the fact that a "Celebrate Me" afternoon might be a great thing today! I'll let you know what happens!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
afternoon!

Yep! It WAS a "celebrate me" afternoon!

I went to the library and got three promising novels!

Then - I went to the grocery store. I got some of the delicious "restaurant quality" salads. They were on half-price sale at Safeway. Dh adores them! And -- I got ingredients for a 10-minute skillet supper -- which dh and I both enjoy. (It is really simple too).

So - the simple skillet meal (and the delicious salad) have been eaten. Dishes have been done. Delicious wine has been enjoyed. Dh made hot chocolate - yum! Now - I am relaxing with the computer -- while watching TV news on public television.

It wasn't a very "creative" celebrate me day. It was just relaxing and soothing. Very nice, though!

Last edited:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Thank you for those sweet words, Belles! And -- I send them "right back at you!"

Yesterday was a "celebrate Me" Day. It was sort of a...... "Restore Me Day". I guess they are similar....... but not exactly the same.

It was an exhausting several days... with a flu attack at dd's house! And.... when everyone was well..... yesterday morning...... I was ready for a "Me" Day!!!

It began with a 30-minute program at dgs's school. The program celebrated "International Women's Day' -- with costumes and short talks by girls representing different historical women. It was light and fun -- and informative! Did you know that New Zealand was the first country to give women the vote?

Then - I mailed a baby gift that I had wanted to mail for a long time.

Went to the grocery store and got SIMPLE, tasty, healthy food. Did I mention "simple"?

Had a yummy lunch. Watched TV while I did routines. Then..... took a TWO-HOUR NAP!!!! (Which I never do! And...... it was great!)

Woke up. Made a simple dinner & cleaned up (sort of). Then watched "The PBS News Hour", "The Daily Show With Jon Stewart" and "The Colbert Report". and a very nice movie.... with dh.

Went to bed early and read an intriguing novel!

This morning..... I feel like myself again!

cmerth

Premiere Member
Dec 19, 2007
thetilteditalian.com
A major birthday is coming up for me... I am reaching my predicted median age of survival for someone with Cystic Fibrosis. For my Celebrate Me day, I am working on some aspect of my party. We are planning a weekend long celebration-- fancy dinner with important people on my "support team" and most importantly a fundraiser and dance party. Lots to plan.

I have been spending my Celebrate Me Day writing fundraising letters, picking out music for the dance party and brainstorming with my mom about other aspects of my birthday weekend.

I am not a paint my nails, get a facial kind of gal.

Once my party is over I will have to think of something else to do for my Celebrate Me Day.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I'm planning on 2 celebrate me days come the end of the month. My DH and DD are both leaving on a short trip, so I'll have 2 full days of being by myself. I'll go pick up some chinese, scrapbook all day and watch movies. I gave my girlfriend a new recipe for her husband to try out. It's a copy cat olive garden, alfredo recipe. I told her that on March 27th, I expect a delivery at my front door...bread sticks included..LOL

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
I would like to make a "Me Day" it would b nice to celebrate a "me day" once a month. but I don't c it happening.... lol lol If I would get to make it a goal, I would love to be able to sit & read a book on front deck with the birds singing, and a glass of ice tea.... And I have always wanted to do a blog. My son set one up for me a while back, but I am just not focused on it.. maybe that should be a prayer for myself.. to focus....lol lol Now that its' just my big kids., I need alot of focusing, as I feel lost.... but I am sooo going to take up & walk with this new door opening....lol
God Bless & Have a great day, DawnSu