what is a cookie exchange?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Roryrory

Retire Member
Apr 23, 2008
Excuse my ignorance (I am Australian LOL!) but what is a cookie exchange? Is it literally where everyone brings a whole heap of cookies (we call them "biscuits" in Oz) and swaps them, so you have different sorts? How do you organise it? Is it something many people do in America? I haven't heard of anyone doing it here, but it might be fun to try.

purplecrush

Premiere Member
LOL! Yup your exactly right! I have one every year. I invite about 5-8 of my good friends. Everyone brings a dozen cookies for every person that comes..so say I invited 8 girls, they would all bring 8 dozen cookies. So all in all, every girl leaves with 8 dozen different kinds of cookies. "8 dozen is alot!" you say, well most cookies yield 3-4(most of mine anyways) so I normally just double the recipe. I usually have finger foods to nibble on. Most of the time, we just sit around catching up on the latest gossip lol, eating, drinking tea and having a jolly good time!! I also incorprate a ornament exchange also. We just bring wrapped ornaments and set them under the tree and pick a bag thats not ours. It always turns out great and everyone has a great time!

Hope this answered your question!!