What's Cooking? MLK 1.18.10

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Good morning!

What's cooking at your house today?

The kids requested Tacos for dinner tonight. So we'll have tacos with all the fixings, seasoned fries and corn.

I'm thinking some chocolate mousse for dessert!

Blessings,
Lisa

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I"m not sure yet. Either grilled smoked turkey sausages with peppers and onions, fried potatoes and pinto beans (for dh) and salad (mostly for me) or something chickeny. I'm off today and the weather is supposed to be glorious-sunny and in the 60s before rain moves in tonight, so I'd like to grill. Chicken or sausages either one would fit that plan.

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
Cathymac, the sausages with onions (DH doesn't like peppers) sounds good. I think that is what I am going to fix tonight also. Along with fried potatoes.

Dakotasmamaw

Retire Member
Lana, Im with you.... Leftovers

We had steaks on the grill Friday and have some left..... We had Shrimp and pasta Saturday night and have some left and last night I made these amazing cabbage rolls and have some left.... Kids have been gone for 4 years and I still cook for 4.... so we have leftovers tonight...

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
DD was home today... so she prepared the chicken & rice casserole & she even made an apple pie!! (just add water to the crust & premade filling), hey I'm happy!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Apple Pie!!!!!!! Awesome! :-]

So, tonight we had stir-fried eggplant (then sprinkled some flour over it to brown up) in spaghetti sauce over noodles. YUM!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Completely independently I made sausage, peppers and onions and served them over baked potatoes.

Great minds.....

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I actually ate food! My stomach was good all day so when I got back from radiaiton I took an Immodium AD, waited 30 minutes then had:

Some baked turkey, a small boiled potatoe, and some boiled yellow squash and zucchinni.

Real food is good!

Annie

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Yay Annie!! Good for you, honey.

I grilled the turkey sausages and served it with the peppers and onions and potatoes. I also made a cauliflower "rice" (low carb recipe) and fried some yellow squash. It was good!! And I had a salad with mine. Great minds indeed, Halimar!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I made something up and everyone LOVED it. Chicken in the crockpot w/ salsa verde sauce (the green tomotillo sauce), then added cream cheese in at the end. Served over rice w/ tortillas.