What's in your Rudolph Day box?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Or bag... or cupboard... or shelf... :)

Having finally packed away my Christmas things, I was thinking about what I need to keep handy for Rudolph Days. I use an under bed storage box (the clear plastic type) to hold anything I might use.

At the moment, my Rudolph Day box contains:

- Christmas cookbooks and magazines. I like to flick through these for ideas and menu planning etc.

- Christmas movies. There is no way I could watch them all during the Christmas season, so it's good to have them available for Rudolph Days throughout the year!

- Scented candles. I have a couple which remind me of Christmas. I believe one is apple and cinnamon, and the other is berries and spices (not sure exactly, but sweet anyway :) ).

- My Christmas Mug. I have a special one I picked up when I was visiting family in Ireland a few years ago. I purchased it filled with mulled wine at the German Christmas markets, in Dublin of all places!!

- My Christmas notebook. Well... that's where it will live after January (Notebook month!).

- Christmas Cards. These aren't actually in the storage box, but they are accessable in a cloth bag at the top of my wardrobe. Since I want to write my cards before the decorations go up this year, I figure it's best not to pack them too far.

- Christmas wrapping paper/ribbons etc. Again, not actually in the storage box, but in their own specific storage bag at the top of the wardrobe. Handy for wrapping parties and adding to during the year :)

I used to keep my cds handy too, but I am unlikely to use these during the year. I'm more likely to listen to YouTube, so these have been packed away with the decorations.

So I'm curious... what does everyone else do in regards to Rudolph Day bits and pieces?

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Hmmm, Sarah. This is food for thought. I should make a Rudolph "container"....not sure what it will be yet!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I've got a basket which I want to use for this but I have to empty it 1st. I think I'll mostly keep my christmas books & magazines (dvds & cds are on a shelf not far off), and some Christmas crafts. Christmas notebook should go in there too.
Scented candles.. hadn't thought of that one, yep should be one in there too.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
all sounds good. i keep all my christmas dvds out all year. ill have to see what else i can get. i know i have amug and christmas socks out .

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
The main reason I have a box is that I have collected so many Christmas magazines and cookbooks! I have a slight cookbook addiction lol!!

Also, the Christmas decorations will be going in the roof later this week, and I just like to keep the Christmas things I use during the year away from everything else (and small children).

I also find that it's that little bit more special when I pull out the box. Having the candles in it makes it smell fantastic, and just that bit more christmassy too :)

Funny, I thought it would be a really common thing! Maybe I'm just strange lol!! :D

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Saquilla, you are not strange (for the MHH boards :) )... alot of people here have a Christmas tote. Maybe the 'box' in the title got them mixed up ;)

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I like the idea of a box that I can open that one day a month for a bit of Christmas magic!!!

Annie

ChristmasRose

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Almost at the end of my rope
Well, you made me go look at the wicker storage box that I had said several years ago was my Rudolph Day box. I had put a red bow on the handle. I'd forgotten that I had several little calendar quilt kits, and a Christmas quilted throw kit in there!! Haven't looked in it for years! Maybe I can do some of these when I think I have nothing to do! I think I'll put the old Christmas cards that I want to make Martha's ornaments out of in there, too. Thanks.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I opened mine to see because I had no idea of what was in it. I have stray leftover Christmas cards (one of these, two of those) and tools. Yep, tools. lol

I can't believe that I've never got round to putting together a Christmas box/ bag/ whatever.

I have a pretty, Christmassy box with a snowman design on that has been sitting around for about 6 years and has never been used. It was bought in a sale on Christmas gift bags and boxes and is very strong and a good size for the sort of things I'd want to put in it.

I like the idea of bringing out a special box for Rudolph days (and when the mood strikes!) - so that'll be my first project- putting together my Rudolph Day box.

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
Yes, I have a tote that is mostly empty that I think will become my RUDOLPH DAY box. I never did find my box of Christmas CD's and tapes at all this year. I have no clue where they disappeared to. Maybe if I dig deeper into the box that holds gift bags, ribbons, labels, etc. It is a very large box, after all.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
You know I had the cutest cloth covered medium sized box - red with green polka dots, that tied shut with a ribbon and that darn thing went into storage and I've not seen it for two years! It was my Rudy Day box with Christmas socks, a christmas mug, Christmas magazines, etc. I need to find that box!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
You girls are making me excited to set this up!

I think I'm going to work on this this weekend!!!!

Already excited for Rudy Day #1!!!!

Annie

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
I have a Christmas totebag that we got at Disneyland last year. In it right now are a t-shirt, socks, and I thought a mug, but took it out this Christmas and packed it away with everything else :( My dvds are always out and my notebook just hangs with me in the livingroom at all times! lol

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
I love that everyone is getting in to this!

I never really intended on having a Rudolph Day box... it just came about since I wanted to put my Christmas magazines and cookbooks away, but still close at hand. I can't fit them in with my "all year" cookbooks!!

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
I wish I could find a Christmas tee shirt. I have Christmas sweaters and a long sleeve shirt, but nothing I could wear in the summer when it's warm for that Christmas-y feel.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Great thread! I have a cardboard "file box" that I covered with Christmas wrapping paper in the bottom of my closet. It has my NB, the prior year's Christmas/cookie magazines, Christmas post-it's, red and green pens, socks ad a mug. My Christmas DVDs are in a binder on the shelf and all of my CDs are loaded into my iPod...ready to play whenever I need a quick fix!

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
I wish I could find a Christmas tee shirt. I have Christmas sweaters and a long sleeve shirt, but nothing I could wear in the summer when it's warm for that Christmas-y feel.

I came across this website:

http://www.christmastshirtwonderland.com/ .

I haven't used them before, but their designs look pretty nice. Otherwise you could try searching online for some other T-Shirt options?

This far in to the new year, I imagine it would be hard to find Christmas clothing of any type in the stores... at least until Christmas in July :(

fancynancy

Retire Member
Jan 10, 2012
Hello. I am new to this site (thanks again for the warm welcome everyone!) I have not actually put together my Rudolph day box yet, but I have been putting things aside for it as I store everything for next year. I plan on using one of the red and green Christmas tubs you can get at Walmart/Target for Xmas storage. So far I have put aside some cookbooks, recipes, and craft ideas I did not get to this year. I'll also put in my cd's and my craft supplies as I buy them. I also have 3 Xmas mugs (one for me and my two little ones), 3 reindeer antler headbands (lol), and a few boxes of candy canes that I bought for 10 cents at the end of this year. Those will be for the snowman soup we will have every month on RD. Our Xmas movies are always out and I may also throw in a light weight Snowman blanket to use when we watch our movies to use until March or so.