Where are your mail order gifts?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

CreativeChristmas

Retire Member
Dec 6, 2007
Wisconsin
Okay, we ordered on time/early and UPS, FedEx, AirBorn, & USPS have been frequent visitors to my home but there are things missing and I'm pretty sure they showed up. So where are they? .....Well, I found one box when we moved the love seat to vacumn under it today. I guess I'll need to work out a better system for ducking packages that arrive at a bad time of day.

How about you? Any issues or whoopsies?

:package:

haha!!! Mine from last year went right to the shed!!! Some items that I bought in bulk last year with the big office depot clearance link shared by an OC member were very helpful for teacher gifts and a fundraiser this year. Of course they were still in the shed so for now that is the hiding spot for deliveries..

patteemom

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
Idaho
Under the bed with the threat that if anyone is caught snooping I will have their gift returned buy myself something nice. It has worked so far. They know they can't unwrap a box that has packing tape on it with out ripping the box or tape up. It is just too hard to cover those tracks.

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
I'm lucky that most of my mail order stuff arrives in the morning when only DS2 is home and it's easy to slide things past him. If it shows up in the afternoon I usually shove it in the front hall closet which the kids don't use and move it later when they aren't around.

Last year I ordered a few things earlier than normal and then couldn't find them when I wanted to wrap. I looked everywhere! I almost called the company to tell them I never received it (it was personalized and came separate from the rest of the order which I did have). Fortunately I never called - I'm sure they would've sent new ones and I would've felt VERY GUILTY! - because I found them a week after Christmas in the bottom drawer of my nightstand. :slap: The kids got a surprise gift from the Magi last Christmas on Epiphany. :package:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I have most everything wrapped and under the tree except the golf clubs that FedEx keeps dropping off. DH has figured out how to bid on E-Bay! DH did say he will get exactly what he wants for this Christmas.l lol

Jingle Belle

MHH Member
Oct 15, 2007
I typically hide the packages in my closet behind my clothes, or under my bed. My big problem is that if my DS3 sees the package on the porch he will run and cut the package open before I even know it's there! This has spoiled a couple of surprises. Things that i really want to keep secret I have delivered to my office instead. I can leave them there until it's safe to take them home!