Why Are Girls' Nights Out So Much Fun?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Interesting talk, lots of laughter - why are these "women only" parties so much fun?

A neighbor had an old friend (from growing up together in Cleveland) drive out to visit her for thr weekend. The neighbor invited four other good friends (including me) to come for wine at 8:00. (Everyones' teenagers went straight to the basement - to watch movies, hit the internet, play ping pong, etc.)

No effort (and calorie) filled dinner. A bag of tortilla chips and some veggies with ranch dressing was all that was served - with plenty of wine. Nobody felt guilty about eating too much. No dishes. Six wineglasses to wash.

We pulled chairs out to a small deck - and everyone sat with feet up on a table, in a circle close enough to hear each other without effort. I was the first to leave (at 12:30 am!) The time just flew by! We talked about everything - growing up in a rural area and then going to a city. Two of the women were from other counties (Hungary and Mexico) - and we talked about different life styles - walking more in Europe, more open and friendly in America, etc. Talked about raising teenagers, American politics, anything ... So much laughter.

I think both sexes really enjoy this kind of thing. My husband loves to go out with his golf buddies for a day of laughing. :cloudnine:

holidaymama

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
I'm so glad to hear of people kicking back and having fun. Lately I have been so overwhelmed with what is going on in the world, that I have a really hard time getting my mind of of it.

Maybe a bottle of wine would do the trick ;-)

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
Sounds like a fun evening SparkleNana, glad you had a great time. Don't you find that it's events like this that keep you going inbetween and give you energy to get on with the less exciting things that have to be done.

One day last week I went shopping with my best friend for a few hours while our kids were at school, I had a thoroughly great time and found it so therapeutic.

:flower:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Holidaymama -- you are so right about the condition of the world! There are many different and valid points of view about wine. Many people do not use or serve alcohol - and thats great! At this time in my life, as long as there is no irresponsible behavior - and people drink plenty of water so they don't get dehydrated and get headaches later -- I enjoy tasting different wines, and relaxing with wine. I may change my mind tomorrow, and decide not to serve or use wine. Everyones' views are completely valid, I think - as with most things! :grouphug:

Snowbelle27 -- that is a GREAT insight! These fun events are not only rewards -- they actually do FILL UP our energy reservoirs for the really un-fun events that are plentiful in life. :cloudnine:

Magnolia

MHH Member
Nov 27, 2007
Sounds like you had a fabulous time! Good for you!

I love girl's night out. I don't have to be a wife, a mother, or a housemaid. I can just be a girl!!! :flower:

Shirl

knl81

Retire Member
Aug 9, 2008
I love those days, espeically when the children are able to entertain themselves with their friends... even though it is better when you don't have to worry about your kids. I have a bottle of wine called "Mommy's Timeout" Love it and so do other moms!! I have realized that that a bottle of wine makes a great gift too!