would you send Christmas cards announcing your retirement?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

itsanewme

MHH Member
Nov 18, 2007
watching Off Kilter
After 10yrs at the town library I will be retiring end of June 2008. Thinking of sending cards to patrons Ive been close to informing them. Good idea? or no?

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
Wow -- 10 years! You must have made a lot of friends there! Congrats!

Are you thinking of sending this in a Christmas card, or more of a special 'retirement announcement' type of card?

You could always send the patrons you're especially close to a Christmas card, and inform them in the handwritten note that you're retiring in June.

Another idea, depending on the atmosphere were you work, would be to wear a lighthearted pin or button as the date draws nearer, saying 'Congratulate me on my retirement!' or something similar.

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
Christmas cards often include the news of our lives...ie:the Christmas letter.
Why shouldn't your news contain your upcoming retirement?
Congratulations.

Lou

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
Lolwlias said:
Christmas cards often include the news of our lives...ie:the Christmas letter.
Why shouldn't your news contain your upcoming retirement?
Congratulations.

My thoughts exactly!

:bigsnow:

I would agree as well. I would feel so left out if I had not gotten a card or anything from someone I knew that worked at a library when they were retiring. My grandmother retired from her library and she sent news out as well. She had been there 20 years i think maybe longer. She'd still be there if it had not been for her hurting her hip.

I say yes absolutely include your retirement news in your card and wish them well.