Wow....this place is becoming addictive

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
After a major storm on Monday we lost our internet all week. It's amazing how much a part of your life it becomes! I logged on here this morning and there were pages and pages of new posts to read. I'm so happy to see the new cute little Easter emoticons!

My husband was beside himself trying to find a phone number the other day saying, "How do I get the guy's number without the internet?" I had to go to our bookshelf and dust off an old book that had never been opened. "'Tis a phone book, Dear" I said as I set it in front of him. "Inside you shall find the answers you seek."

hopbunny

starflake

Retire Member
Jan 10, 2008
FrostyShimmer said:
"'Tis a phone book, Dear" I said as I set it in front of him. "Inside you shall find the answers you seek."

Hahah very witty. I love it.

I remember life without the Internet, and I functioned just fine, but I can't imagine going back now. My life's enrichment has been built upon and fostered by our technology. It'd be like being blind all of your life, then finally seeing. It'd certainly hard to go back to being blind!

:lovestruck:

crazymo

Retire Member
Nov 6, 2007
Little Falls, Mn
That's so cute lol!!! It reminds me of when my hubby can spend 5 minutes looking for the remote when it would have taken 30 seconds to get up and change the channel!

coffeenut

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 10, 2007
Spartan Country-mi
lol I totally agree. I remember the days of no internet also but give me a day without it now and I am lost. I am always telling people to use a search engine to find something. I am in the process of looking for a laptop because this pc is starting turn sites purple. I need the laptop before this one dies or I will be lost lol chick1

sallyj08

MHH Member
Feb 5, 2008
FrostyShimmer said:
After a major storm on Monday we lost our internet all week. It's amazing how much a part of your life it becomes! I logged on here this morning and there were pages and pages of new posts to read. I'm so happy to see the new cute little Easter emoticons!
hopbunny

Our modem and wireless router were fried during a storm late Monday afternoon. We've been down all week long!!! It's been awful. We just got back up this evening and I'm so happy now!!!

I'm a SAHM who is trying to save money, so I haven't been going out much. The internet is my lifeline! LOL

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
This site is most definatley addictive, I'm not a happy bunny if I don't visit at least once a day.
This past week my children have been on half term holiday and they both want to use the computer as well as my DH so I may have to consider getting a laptop aswell.

I think the www is wonderful and is always my first port of call when searching for things. It just makes it all the better to have MHH to share things.

:shamrock:

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
If by chance (and it isn't OFTEN) I don't get on MHH in the evening the family is snickering "mom isn't looking at her Christmas site tonight". You sure do miss it!

About like cell phones. Never had but now....

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
In the morning, the computer is turned on before the coffee pot. lol

I was very resistant to getting into the tech age. I only got a computer because of a genealogy class that showed me how much information was avaiable. At that time I really thought the neighbor was insane when she said she spent hours reading messages. Guess I'm just as insane now.

Computers have linked many people who felt isolated to their families and friends instantly. Several home-bound people have told me it keeps them sane because friends are always there for them now that they have a computer.

As an ex-military wife I went into depression when we were stationed in Germany in the 1980s. I was completely cut off from my family and friends. I couldn't call them when I wanted (phone calls were extremely expensive), couldn't jump into the car to go see them and they weren't into writing or keeping in touch. It changed the way I thought of my family because of the lack of communication. It is wonderful that families now have a way to communicate on a regular basis.

Thank you all for being here!

Ahorsesoul said:
Computers have linked many people who felt isolated to their families and friends instantly. Several home-bound people have told me it keeps them sane because friends are always there for them now that they have a computer.

As an ex-military wife I went into depression when we were stationed in Germany in the 1980s. I was completely cut off from my family and friends. I couldn't call them when I wanted (phone calls were extremely expensive), couldn't jump into the car to go see them and they weren't into writing or keeping in touch. It changed the way I thought of my family because of the lack of communication. It is wonderful that families now have a way to communicate on a regular basis.

Thank you all for being here!

Then there are single moms like me who have youngsters, a tight budget, and has moved to a new state who don't get out much. The computer with emails, myspace, and now MHH after OC have helped me to keep my sanity!!! I can communicate with family members, friends, old high school classmates, and my former dance students on myspace. OC and MHH has given me the opportunity to chat with people in different parts of the world over the happiest holidays throughout the year!!! I have made lots of new online friends that quite frankly can be there with more emotional support than family members because you guys are here everyday and sometimes family members are sooo busy that they can't be there for you as much!!!

So I too thank all of my MHH family for being here when I need you and sharing your lives with me!!!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Christmascreations - I am with you!!!! It is amazing how supportive it is to be on these boards!!! We all adore our families and friends. They are precious to us!!!

But they are not IDENTICAL to us!!! In my wonderful family, NOBODY feels the way I do about Christmas!! That is the great thing about these boards!!!! Thanks to the wonderful creator of this place - lets not ever forget how much she has given to each of us!!! Thanks to her - we can revitalize and refresh ourselves here!!! Thus we have much more to give to our family and friends!!! Because we can have so much FUN and UNDERSTANDING here!!

So - absolutely yes!!! This pecious beautiful place gives us strength and magic and comfort for our lives!!!! Blessings every day to the creator of this place and to the mods who make this happen. bunnylove And to all of you beautiful spirits all over the world who come here to share the magic!!!

scn

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Northeast PA
I have to agree with you. My family think I'm crazy. We are so different.I don't know what else I would do except maybe stare at the walls. when I'm upset I come here and the same is true if I'm happy. we can't afford to go out so I'm home most of the time except for work of course. I think I would die if my computer went.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
This is all VERY true. I will be talking about something at work and they will say that has to be from that Christmas thing you go to and I'll say yeah, it a GREAT group of people and you should all check it out. I don't think any have but I think my sister was asking me about it so need to see if she has been lurking around.

mammaduke

Retire Member
Jan 19, 2008
Rochester,NY
I remember when we lost our internet for a week , I got to the point where I had to go to the libary to get on & check my E-mails. I am new here to this sight & to the computer but I love it here & I try to do as much as I can.
That was so cute about the address book, you really made me laugh. :santalol: