Wrapping Paper Roundup Today!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Today I've been sorting and tossing wrapping paper, gift bags and ribbons (a mission from Flylady). Today's the day to put all your wrapping paper away. Tell us how you store your wrapping items and what tricks you have for gift wrapping.

I have three wrapping paper containers. Not that they are all full.

One is wrapping paper on a tube, it's in a stand up plastic container that contains scissors, tape and any shipping items like brown paper and packing tape. It contains all different Holiday paper if is on a tube and is long. Also it has my basket shrink paper.

My second plastic box is for Christmas items like gift bags, tags, ribbon, tape, package decorations or small ornaments that I can use to decorate a gift are all here. Included are my tissue paper if it's related to Christmas, red, green, gold or Christmas print. I also includes tape and scissors.

My Other Holiday plastic box is for any other paper and gift bags. I have more tissue paper here. Well, I would have if I had any. Tissue paper is on my list to buy this year. And of course I have tape and scissors. I also keep small empty boxes in this container since it has more room.

Both these last two boxes are long with two trays that will hold small items. They would fit under a bed but I have them in my storage area where I can get them fast. Anytime I have a gift to wrap I know exactly which container to grab. Everything is there to wrap a gift so I don't have to run around finding scissors or tape or a gift card.

Today is a good day to organize your wrapping paper. Make a list of what you will need for the coming year. It's a great time to buy on sale. (Even if you read this in June it's still a good day to organize your wrapper paper!)

I always try to pick up plain colored paper. My favorite to buy is white. It can be used for any type of gift. I've not been able to find much white the last two years. I'm hoping to see some this year.

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
Oh I shoulddo this but then I'd have to get up from the computer chair! LOL!
I was really happy to find a pretty box at homesense this year that is very tall and narrow and looks like a gift box with a classy black bow on the top. This means it can stay out all year and it will fit rolls of paper without scrunching it up(unlike my soft side storage!) I think I will put my scissors and tape in a pencilcase and put it in the box and then seperate my ribbon and tissue paper in ziplocs. My giftbags will go on a hanger and then a plastic bag to keep the dust off them and hang in my closet! I'll do it -I'll do it! :sad:

jkbb2

Retire Member
Oct 17, 2007
Thanks Ahoursesoul! I can get that done today! a small thing, but a good thing! and one less to do another day!!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
The left over Christmas wrap, ribbon and bags is making a large mess in the corner of my Studio/craft area, which I am trying to clear out today. I have a whole shelf of the bookshelf holding Christmas gift bags which definitely don't need to manopolize that shelf for 10 or 11 months. I'll decide on a way to store them away in the loft. The paper is stored in a long rubbermaid container, and the ribbon will go into a box, so-labeled. I also keep old Christmas cards to use for gift tags, etc. in a box; and we keep some of the nicer bows to recycle.

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
I have an old zippered hanging garment bag that I keep in the back of the spare room closet (this is where I wrap my presents). The garment bag is large enough to hold rolls and rolls of paper, a bag of stick-on bows and also folded up gift boxes. It has side pockets that are perfect for scissors, tape, gift tags, spools of ribbon, tissue paper, etc.

I bought about 10 rolls of assorted Christmas wrapping paper for 2008, but I didn't see any white wrapping paper. Actually I didn't see ANY solid colors left. I love the idea of all white, Ahorsesoul. Just a thought -- would freezer paper work? It has a matte side and a shiny side, and is fairly thick. I don't buy it, so I don't know if it's too expensive for wrapping, or if the paper isn't the right quality.