xmas duvet/quilt cover help

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
hi,

being in the uk is posing a problem as not many places have xmas duvet covers in double size, and those that do are selling for £30-40!!! i cant have singles for the elves to change as the kids tend to sleepon top of them!

anyway i have had a thought, i could get a plain duvet cover and add iron on xmas transfer/apliques to it. this would be very funny for the kids to see and they would know it wasnt our duvet cover as such as they help me change the covers and know what we have.

i have 2 options -

a red & cream cover to which i add a "merry christmas" (A5 size) to the middle and ?????

or

a blue/white cover to which i add a snowman saying "mery christmas" to the middle and ???

which ever option i go for i will also be adding an iron on transfer that has an elf and a sign saying "elf-made".

NOW the problem is i'm not sure what else to add to either of the above, i dont want to add too much and it look "Like i made it" BUT i dont want it to have too little either. WHAT would you add as well???

jinglemom

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
How about a few snowflakes in different sizes? You could also make your own duvet by sewing together two flat sheets.