Yarn Stash?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
I'm sure I can't be the only one here who is a yarn fan. I crochet, but I would like to learn to knit.
And somehow I have got more yarn than projects. It just happens. Right now it's divided between two shipping boxes for Lion Brand yarn. (I love LB and the one place near me that sells it has a miserable selection.)

So for those yarn fans here, I'd love to know how you like to store your stash? :)

(Side note: I'm currently working on a striped afghan for a housewarming gift.)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
My yarn is all in see-through plastic boxes.. nothing original. I'm working on a crochet scarf for myself (yes, yes for ME).

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I crochet some and had quite abit of yarn that I had collected and then also from my g'ma and MIL so I ended up taking it to the Home Extension one year at the Christmas Party for the Linus Projects. In which one of these years I would love to make blankets for it.

Love to hear how everybody comes up with storing stuff.

ChristmasRose

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Almost at the end of my rope
The majority of mine is in big plastic bins. However, I did get some white crates from Joann's, and have them stacked like a bookcase on one wall in my sewing room. I have quite a bit of yarn stuck in there, too. It's decorative, like a mini yarn store, and pretty to look at. I also have particular projects in tote bags, and I use the clear plastic zippered bags that sheets, etc., come in for small, grab-on-your-way-to-the-car projects.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I repurposed some of the zipperd plastic bags that bedding comes in and stuck my yarn in there. Then on a shelf. I also have some in a traditional yarn basket. I have a feeling I may not have as much as some of you ladies do.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I just had a few of those plastic bedding bags and couldn't throw them away. You gave me an idea. I'll put my projects (with patterns & everything needed to complete it) in those! Thanks Halimer.