Crafters Challenge February 5th-11th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Seems some of you made progress last week!!!! That is GOOD!

I did sew VERY little on the bear.

Not sure if this week will be any better in the crafting department for me or not.

I am looking for ideals for my CIJ swap ornament and also thinking of the !2 Days of Christmas Swap. I look think okay and then change my mind.

What is on your guys list for the week?

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Thank you Lana for getting the thread started yet again! Good luck with the swap ideas. I’m sure you will do something wonderful!

I have a busy schedule this week, including a couple of craft seminars to go to with a friend, skiing on Wednesday, cleaning and packing for our weekend trip, and mailing Valentines.

I would also like to take some pictures for my blog this week.

Today we will watch the Super Bowl during which I will probably work on a CCS project, since I finished knitting the Seahawks scarf last night. Just need to tie in the ends. I plan to give this one to my DSisIL as a hostess/birthday gift.

Yesterday I cut the pieces for the pillow shams, sewed the half-square triangles, and have the pieces laid out for sewing. I hope to get the tops pieced today and perhaps get the borders sewn on. I’ll have to wait till I get my sewing machine back from the shop to do the quilting, but if I have the time and inclination, I could get the quilt and shams sandwiched and ready.

I looked at a new sewing machine yesterday. They’ve got a pretty sweet deal on it and it has a larger harp (throat) which would be really wonderful to use for this queen size quilt I will be quilting. Cons … The expense (having trouble justifying it, although they are offering free financing for 60 months); It’s very large and heavy; I would also need a new sewing table for it; Learning curve (it operates quite differently than my current machine which I love). TFL

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Have started a painting today.. I alternate between working on a puzzle, crochet boot cuffs and painting.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Yesterday was the first craft I picked up in over a week. Just not into it I guess I did get two candy bouquets done one for my mom and one for dd21 since their birthday's are both coming up. My mom tomorrow and dd on the 24th. I need to finish up another gift for my mom that is sitting on craft table now got painted last night just need clear coat and put together and will be done Other than that I don't think anything else will get done at all this week

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Got kind of stalled on the pillow shams 'cause I don't really like the way my spare machine is sewing. I probably need to replace it. I did a little bit of CCS on Nature's Harmony last night, too.

I've started on another prayer shawl since I have some yarn and am kind of in between other knitting projects. I tried a pattern recommended by a friend, but it didn't seem to suit me, so I'm trying a Brioche pattern. I probably don't like it as well as my "one row" pattern, but I'll keep going with it for now.

You can see the pom-pom scarves and CCS greeting cards on my blog.

Last edited:

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Got the Valentines finished up and mailed out. It can take a while for the package to get to Alaska. I also got the wedding gift wrapped and ready to go.

And making a long story short … I bought a new sewing machine today. I’m anxious to get it to use for quilting the queen size quilt. The throat is several inches larger than the one I have been using. I can pick it up tomorrow (after skiing), then we are leaving on Thursday for the weekend, so I won’t really have a chance to play with it till next week.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
DD, you are moving right along. Good for you getting the stuff in the mail. What type of machine did you get? I would love to get a Journey Baby Lock. It has a bigger throat than mine and would also embroider. Anytime I think I will get something----something comes up and I put it on the back burner. Still looking at the Brothers too.

Kim, get any crafting done?

Lucie, how are the cuffs coming?

I haven't been doing anything. I should take my machine in and get it cleaned and serviced. Has been awhile and it is doing fine but since I am not really using it at the time it probably wouldn't hurt.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Got a couple more felt ornaments cut and ready to sew. Also picked up supplies from Joann's - got a few misc. things for certain ornaments and also all the supplies to make a felt wreath for one of my friends as a Christmas gift. Making it in neutral creams so it can go with any of her decor. Thought that would be a good lightweight gift to make for her as I have to ship to CO!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
coffee.jpg Mom Bday.jpg
Lana a little bit Coffee sign I did last night was ment to be for a friends birthday on 1/30 then my moms birthday present for yesterday. I need to get groceries since I am home sick today so I need to get stuff for Kenny's candy bouquet for his girl friend she doesn't like chocolate so need to pick up the stuff she likes

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I haven't done much, but I was thinking about making those Christmas card baskets out of old Christmas cards and donate them to DS13's 4-H club next fall at their craft booth.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
IMG_0064rsz.jpg IMG_0065rsz.jpg KimD, love the signs.
Boot cuffs are finished. I can put them on the beige side or the red side.

I'll need to start a new project this weekend

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Lucie, I love those boot cuffs- they look so cool!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Lucie, love the cuffs!
KimD- love both of your gifts that you made! Especially the coffee sign!

I'm not working on anything right now. I need to start working on something though. DH made my mom a wooden cutout of Missouri and put her birthplace, right across the border in TN, as a star and then my stepdad's birthplace, right across the border in KS, as a star and then put their last name on it. It came out excellent. He mailed it to her and she already received it.

I still have that scarf that I never finished before December, maybe i'll pull that out and work on it when I have time or just need a break to sit and relax. I am hosting a baby shower next week but we're not doing games or anything so i'm not really doing any decorations either.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Thanks, they are a good way to use up small batches of yarn.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lucie, love the boot cuffs, they are wonderful.
I am nearly finished my stitching and then would like to work on some felt hearts that I have been wanting to do for a while. I would like to start a new afghan too but will wait a few more weeks for it to cool down.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I helped dgds create a Valentine Day gift tonight by painting their hand and printing it on a 9x12 canvas. I found the word Family to place on the bottom of the canvas. I have some red with white polka-dots to put on edge of the frame. I will also add the names. Painting a 7 month old hand and getting it to open so you can print it was the most challenging part.