100 Days Left!!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I know it depends on how you count the days, but the site I always check for my countdown figure is listing us as at the 100 day mark!!!

http://www.auburn.edu/~vestmon/xmas_cnt.htm

Woo-Hoo!

:party:

How is everyone feeling? Ready? Not ready? Right where you want to be?

I'm feeling a budget crunch so have put a halt to buying presents for the moment, but I am trying to keep on crafting and doing other types of prep. The HGP and freezer inventories, stuff like that. It all adds up!

InstantMom

Retire Member
Aug 2, 2008
I second your WOO-HOO!! :party:
It is hot as blazes here in Florida, so I am not even decorating for fall yet, but oh, how I am enjoying a little holiday prep each week.

Right now, I am not buying gifts unless I see spectacular bargains - DH will receive a bonus in November, and we will use that to buy most of our gifts. I have gone through the gift closet, and I am thrilled that my mom's stocking is almost stuffed already. I have a few things for DD3 and DH, but I need to wait to hear what DS11 & 10 have on their wishlists. I'm working the HHP, so the house is under control (relatively speaking :haha: ), but I truly need to get cracking on my craft projects. Knowing we are 100 days out is good incentive!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I guess I'm ready. So far things are going okay. No major problems have reared it's ugly head (Knock on wood). I feel a little tense too. I'm starting to question myself. I think what it is, is my Christmas Eve family gathering. I haven't bought anything for that yet -- it's too soon. I'm holding off til late October/early November to shop for the event. Once I start shopping for the party I will begin to feel really good...as long as everything else continues to go smoothly.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
WOO-HOO from me too!! My kids and I are doing a happy dance!!

Can't believe Christmas is almost here!!

:party: Melanie

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Thank you, AuntJamelle! The 100 day mark means the beginning of the holiday season for me!

This 100-day celebration meets a lot of MY needs for fun, joy, anticipation, etc. I love having friends here at Magical Holiday Home, who celebrate with me.

So far, none of my family and non-internet friends are ready to celebrate. That is all perfectly OK. I'll celebrate here. And with my cleaning, shopping, wrapping, and other quiet preparations.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I am planning a 100 Day Until Christmas dinner tomorrow night...my counter says tomorrow, but, hey--it's tomorrow somewhere, right??? No one but me will know the significance of the turkey and dressing I'll serve, but that's ok-I know!!

The 100 day mark is when I really start getting serious with my holiday prep. I can't buy a lot of stuff right now-we have budget issues, as well, but I plan to start as soon as possible. I will begin stockpiling canned and other non-perishable foods this week, and I've already done several crafts. I am working on fall crafts right now for the Halloween party, and it's so much fun!! The weather here is glorious, so it's lots of fun! I'll be starting work full time soon so I need to get as much done as possible!!

100 Days!! Oh, yea!! I guess the BHG countdown will start tomorrow...we'll see, I suppose!!

InstantMom said:
I second your WOO-HOO!! :party:
It is hot as blazes here in Florida, so I am not even decorating for fall yet, but oh, how I am enjoying a little holiday prep each week.

It sure is Hot as you know what here in Florida. What's worse is the humidity we have had lately too...ugghh

dreamto

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
Oh WOW!!!!! So much to do and so little time :rotflol: Now its time to get started :applause:

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
I can't believe we are at 100 days, time is moving on so quickly now.

I think I'm doing Ok at the moment. I managing to keep up with the HHP. I'm pretty much on top of things as far as gift buying is concerned, just waiting for my children to do their lists. I need to crack on with making my cards that's where I'm behind, don't think I'll get chance during this week maybe at the weekend.

:frosty:

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
My shopping is done. I have all the Christmas cards bought and about half addressed. I bought wrapping paper after the holidays last year dirt cheap~like 25 or 50 cents a roll. I am slowly but surely working on getting my apartment cleaned. I have it a stumbling block when it comes to sewing, tho. Don't know what's wrong with me. :help: But, I WILL GET OVER IT!! I am the most excited for Christmas that I have been in a long time. MHH has helped me so much.

I have gotten some really cute snowmen things lately. Yesterday at Dollar General I bought a pack of three clear plastic snowman 'dishes' (for $1). I thought they would be cute in goodie baskets with some treats on them. I hate winter, but am so looking forward to Christmas.

Our weather is a little cool this a.m., but by week's end should be about 80. Come on fall!!

:bigsnow:

cmerth

Premiere Member
Dec 19, 2007
thetilteditalian.com
Crunch time!! I am ready though. Christmas gifts are getting done. I do have the icky thoughts of moving to a new house sometime between now and Christmas.

We have our countdown calendar out (that I made during Christmas in July). Let the countdown begin!!! :haha:

snowangel00

Santa's Elves
Oct 9, 2007
Winter Wonderland
It's hard to believe this year has gone by so quickly!

Looking forward to celebrating the next 100 days with all of you!

:skate:

Syanda

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
I'm so excited! I was home sick yesterday, so I took the opportunity to prop myself up in bed with my notebook and spend some serious alone time with my christmas gift list with nobody bugging me! I've got a good game plan now and I went out on my lunch break today and starting attacking it!

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Syanda said:
I'm so excited! I was home sick yesterday, so I took the opportunity to prop myself up in bed with my notebook and spend some serious alone time with my christmas gift list with nobody bugging me! I've got a good game plan now and I went out on my lunch break today and starting attacking it!

Hope you're feeling better, and you go, Girl!! :applause:

Syanda

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Pam Spaur said:
Syanda said:

Hope you're feeling better, and you go, Girl!! :applause:

Thanks! I'm feeling MUCH better...I think I'm on a roll now!! I'm almost HAPPY I was off sick...it totally got me organized :haha:

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Would you believe that my DH actually bought 2 Hanukkah gifts for friends on Thursday!!!???