2 Weeks!!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
A mere 14 days until the Houseworks Holiday Plan begins!!!

This month is going by so fast.

Soon the plan will be starting, the kids will be going back to school and Fall will be here.

So exciting!!

Is everybody getting ready to start the plan?

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I was at Lowes today and they had the Halloween inflatables up.

I havn't printed the calendar for this year but have last years to look at.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I'm ready! I was eager to get started, so yesterday I updated my computers, ran Virus Checks, Spyware checks, Carnbonited and everything. A full check-up so I'm all good for the season (that way I can work on all my lists and chat you guys without worry of any computer issues crashing my Christmas stuff!).

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Mel - I have to dig out my HHW book! Yikes! I guess that should be on tonight's To Do list! Thanks for the reminder.

Cindylouwho - good thinking...add that to the list as well! ;)

festivefun

Retire Member
Feb 25, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
In theory I'm all ready to go. So I hope that pans out. If I can steal a wee half hour on Sunday to get started I'll be happy. I have a new notebook on the go this year to run in conjunction with my folder. This should make it easier to keep up to date as I can take those bits necessary out with me. While my folder can be for reference.

Laney

Retire Member
Jan 5, 2008
St. Louis, MO
I'll be joining in again this year! I'll be stuck at the hospital today for about 4 hours today so I am going to use the time to get ready to start the plan. I've got to re-tweak it because my house is rather small and I don't have as many rooms - but some of the rooms are so bad that they need 2 weeks LOL!

I'm excited to get going! This will be the year I actually make it work!
~Laney

CraftyLady

Retire Member
Apr 4, 2011
I couldn't wait any longer. I cleaned the computer room today top to bottom. I got a head start a couple of weeks ago by going through the filing cabinet and doing the paper part so all I had to do was clean. I cleaned out the computer armoire and the roll top desk today too. Tons went to the recycle bin and a little to trash. My Christmas cards are in the roll top desk so now they are all ready to be filled out. I usually do my rooms on the Sundays my husband works from home or Monday if he's not working that weekend, but that is the room he has to work in so I can't clean while he's in there and we're supposed to be getting hurricane Irene in some form so I'm sure we'll lose power since we have the worst electric company ever. Now I'll just read the parts of the book and do any other task that needs to be done the first week of the plan. Maybe I will start decorating for Fall. We'll see...

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
It sounds like everyone is getting ready for the plan to start.

Can't wait for Sunday!!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Told my mom I got a jump start on it w/ the kitchen redo. It won't need a deep cleaning now