2010 Word Banner

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I thought about buying a wooden sign that says DREAM (and still may!) but decided today to make myself a DREAM banner using my new cricut. I'm pleased with how it turned out...not sure about the blue ribbon but it was all that I had handy today.

Check it out on my blog. Will you post your word in your space? My banner hangs inside my computer armoire.

Blessings and peace,
Lisa

teachturnedmom

Retire Member
Oct 21, 2007
SE PA
That looks great! I think I may try to come up with something to hang over my scrap desk. Of course, my word is quality, so I'm not sure if that will look goofy or not. I may do it anyway!

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Nicely done. Very creative. I love the dream stone in the post below; do you have a stone as well.

I haven't decided what to do with my word yet. If I could find one of those word magnets, that might be perfect. "Energy" isn't as decorative as dream. :)

wadeallie

Premiere Member
Nov 26, 2007
Central Vermont
Very nice banner, Lisa!
I think my word of choice right now would be: FAITH or maybe even HOPE. Prior to life's upheavel, my word was always BELIEVE because I truly believe that people should believe in the magic that surrounds them in their daily lives.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I asked DH to make me a wooden sign that says Learn. We saw a bunch of different wooden word desktop signs today at Target but they were the typical Friends, Family, etc. I may make my own banner to put somewhere in the house, but I had originally planned on making smaller signs that say different things about my word in key locations. For instance somewhere in my line of sight throughout the day would be, "Learn patience" for when i'm dealing with the kids.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Love it. Sounds like you are having fun with the cricut. You ought to loan it to me when you are staging your house...you know, just to get it out of the way and all....

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Lisa,

I posted on your blog. I think it is wonderful. I am not going to be able to find any signs with "Balance" on them, so I am going to have to come up with something on my own. I will check out Michael's when I go there tomorrow.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Beautiful banner Lisa. I also like how you share 3 small successes each week.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Thanks ladies for all your kind words! I just looked at my banner and am tickled that I did use glitter paper for the centers of the flowers. They sparkle in the overhead light and call attention to the letters.

Mrssoup~love the idea of having words in select spots. I am considering making a small banner or folded card for my desk at school. If I do find a wooden sign with dream, I'll put it on the mantel.

Sorry Kim....not loaning out the cricut....it will hide in a closet and come out for projects in between showings. ;0)

Pamelajane

Retire Member
Apr 19, 2008
Hertfordshire.UK.
Good job Lisa and i really like your Blog.

You have inspired me to make a sign myself, i think i will also make one for my desk at work.

Pamelajane,

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Very nice!!! I thought of posting mine on the corkboard above the computer...

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Good idea. I'm working on a banner with my word, "focus" to hang on my bathroom mirror. I'm using hang tags like you use for yard sale pricing on your stuff and old fashioned vintagy letters...with some embellishments. I'll post pics if i ever get it finished!