2012 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I think we should all consider working our way through 2012 using the Declutter Calendar luludou posted a link to. I haven't gotten to look at it too closely because...obviously it is like 4 days till Christmas LOL....but it looks promising....Take a look at it....and then make the PLEDGE here in this thread to continue your delcuttering efforts through 2012 whether you use the calendar or just work on projects as we did in 2011...

ARE YOU IN????

:tree:

Last edited:

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I'm in! I read through some of the calendar last night. I love the thought of having a specific task for six days a week.

DH and I have already set up our 'room' schedule and he is in and will help with the specific areas each month and the boys are doing great on their chores and this calendar will help me keep moving in the right direction.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I looked at the calendar last night & really liked it. Since I'm plenty much decluttered I pledge to use it to not let the clutter build back up.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I think it will be so much easier to just focus on one task a day. I'm in!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I just glaced at it too but it sure looks like a good one! I'm IN!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I think it's a great idea!

When doing the last push of cleaning for Christmas I was disgusted with myself when I look in: My guest room closet, my coat closet, and my storage room- all filled the gills.
Of course, I can't deal with them now it being so close to Christmas but definetly know where my focus needs to be in 2012.

The place looks great- but like luludou said- Don't open the closets!!!! :)

2011 Was the year I followed the Happiness Project, I think 2012 needs to be the year I follow the Decluttering/Organizing Project- which will lead to more happiness!!!

Annie

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I've not been active on here the last few months, but I'm still lingering and not going anywhere. Once life is back to normal on decluttering my friends house, I'll be able to get to my own. I took a few weeks off, but the sale was postponed, so we'll be doing some more work in January.

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
This idea sounds great to me! I am pretty much decluttered but it is something that needs to be done annually and I am definitely ready for 2012!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I've been doing a lot of thinking about what to do with some of my unfinished projects and materials I have gathered. I'll be packing a lot of things up for the thrift store this coming year. I decided if I haven't finished (or started) them it's time for them to go. I cleaned out one dresser already. The items filled a good sized trash bag. Once the thrift store opens back up it's out the door. I have two big closets to clean out and three shelving units plus two large scrapbooking totes that I plan on decluttering.

Then our storage area under the kitchen never was organized again after I tore it apart this summer. So I'm getting rid of things under there too. Some of the things are old printers and computer monitors. Now why do I even want to save them. I can't see doing an antique display with them in 50 years.

DD worked on one project for me while she watch her new True Blood DVD today. I started a shawl but didn't like how it was turning out so she un-did it and rolled the yarn up into a tidy ball. I'll have her un-do another baby blanket that I never finished tomorrow. I'll work on putting a baby sweater together that I lost interest in. It will go into the thrift store bag. I think the baby I made it for is now 7.

Anyone else tired of their unfinished projects?

caitsmum

Retire Member
Nov 6, 2008
Bedfordshire England
Me Too!

I'm in for some decluttering as well!

I've just started a new blog in which I plan to document how I turn the house back into a home because I'm totally fed up of the mess around here!

As soon as I'm confortable with it, I may even post a link here so everyone can see when (if???!) I make some progress!

AM

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I'm in for this. Even if I don't get all the things done, anything is better than nothing.

I don't craft so not many unfinished projects. I have some aprons I started many years ago that I need to finish. Other than that, nothing else. I may do like Diedra and "send them away."

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
2012 may just be our BEST "decluttering year" ever! I am IN!!!!!

During the wonderful Christmas season.... "clutter" is my biggest problem! Having too much stuff.... and then adding in all the Christmas decorations and gifts and special clothes etc. etc. etc..... the small house gets OVERWHELMED! The more "space" that I can have..... going IN to the 2012 Christmas season.... the better!!!!

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
I'm definitely making a pledge to join in. My decluttering efforts fell flat in 2011 (along with quite a few other good intentions) but I feel like I have a better plan this year and that will make a big difference.

I also need to make sure I visit this site regualrly. It helps keep me motivated!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Yep, AhourseSoul I do have some unfinished things... I can think of one blouse I will NEVER sew... it'lll go in a declutter bag in 2012.

sierra_mtns

Retire Member
Oct 9, 2011
I have not had a chance to look at it since I downloaded and printed it. Last year's plan worked pretty well for me, I'm in for 2012 too!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I'm in too. The list seems very doable. I've been unloading several bags of clothes and toys since August. I haven't even dealt with drawers and shelves yet.

Mary