2012 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
Count me in. I plan on printing it off today.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I have mine printed off...waiting for January 1st....hehehehe

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Dropped off a stuffed bag of items this morning to the thrift store. I was so glad they were open. I did forget I had a bag upstairs so that should go on Saturday.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
That'sgood, Gingerbug! I really enjoy reading about the efforts people make... to declutter. It is encouraging!

Farmermom4

Retire Member
Nov 1, 2007
Our holiday house in North Idaho
I have the grand plan to clean/declutter a room a week, starting the 2nd week of January wish me luck, tried to get that done last year but got sick for 3 weeks so that didn't happen. Have a plan this year to have the family help a bit more...

ChristmasRose

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Almost at the end of my rope
Well, I'm signing on again, even though I was totally unsuccessful last year! I had only one goal -- decrapify my office/sewing room, and it's still a mess! Now I've had eye surgery and can't bend over for a week! Going to Disneyworld at the end of the month, and after that, I hope to get my behind in gear and get SOMETHING done! I have two bags of clothes to go to the Salvation Army, but they should've gone before Christmas. I've decided that I talk a good story, but when it comes right down to it, ladies, I suspect that I may be the world's most accomplished procrastinator!!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
ChristmasRose- Please don't be so hard on yourself! We all get behind in projects we thought we would have completed long ago.

Take it one small tiny step at a time.
(The only thing that works for me is setting a timer for 30 minutes.)

We have the whole year of 2012 to declutter and make our homes (and lives) better and more peaceful.

We are here for you!

Annie

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Christmas Rose as we say here baby steps. Set small manageable goals. (Clean one shelf this week or empty a drawer). If you have a lot consider marking a lot of boxes (toss,donate,shred, file,paper craft, sowing.... or what works) andas you pick up a stack file that way instead of having to rotate piles till you get areas empty enough to reorganize. This way also you can grab a pile and quickly file into a box.

Enjoy Disney I so want to go back.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
First comes the talk about it, then comes the do about it. One item a day will add up to 365 a year. Say you miss 65 days,you still have 300 items out of the house.

ChristmasRose

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Almost at the end of my rope
Thanks, ladies, I really needed that! This has been an awful year trying to deal with my mother's frailty and dementia, trying to keep my family happy, and trying to get my blood sugar and weight under control. The stress is really keeping me under its thumb. I need something to show for my time, and this room would be a great accomplishment, and would do wonders for my self-esteem. I really have got to get it together! I feel as if I'm treading water and getting nowhere.