2014 Self Worth Awareness Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Because I know many of you have hearts as huge as Texas on this board, I wanted to pass this information along to you and thought the CELEBRATE ME board is the perfect place to do so.

My daughter runs an organization called the Shimmer, Sparkle, Shine Project. A few of the MHH board members are aware of it, from being friends on Facebook, but I wanted to pass along the link to any that might want to participate. Let me give you a little background behind SSS.

My daughter dealt with some bullying issues in middle school, that impacted her deeply. In High School, she moved schools and made new friends. She found comfort in her own skin and started the The Shimmer, Sparkle, Shine Project to help young girls (and big girls too) learn to love themselves and reach their divine potential. With the help of her peers, she started holding numerous workshops for these young girls. Once the positive feedback started rolling in, she proceed in forming her own non profit and now all the girls on the board are attending different colleges across the country. Tomorrow, they have all banned together, to hold their first "Self Worth Awareness Day" on their campuses and hope to get support to begin workshops in their own communities.

If you have a special young lady in your life you'd like to share this message with or YOU, yourself are willing to show support for this cause, you can Like us on Facebook and then share our pictures and messages all day tomorrow. https://www.facebook.com/sssproject

We also have a website. It's basic right now, but does connect you with the group and also gives basic information about SSS and what we do. http://www.shimmersparkleshine.org/

Any prayers and blessings are also appreciated.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
You must be so proud of your daughter! we all know it is not simple in school with peers and bullying. She came out of it and is helping others. wow! to be involved is so good for our young.
Congrats to Ciarra and her group.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
What a wonderful thing your DD has done for the world!

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
Having a 14 year old daughter, this is such a timely issue...your daughter was so brave to make something great come out of an awful situation, kudos to her...

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Thanks everyone..It's been amazing to see what has come out of something so negative. I will admit, I still have alot of mommy moments watching videos and hearing her tell her story. It's just so sad looking back and makes you think about what you coulda or shoulda done differently. I wrote a post on that this morning, because as parents we tend to beat ourselves up a lot.

winters momma

MHH Member
Sep 10, 2013
Houston, Texas
I just looked at your website and your FB page. What a wonderful idea you daughter has!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Her message is so very much needed in this world. I pray her organization grows and grows as word spreads about it.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
What a wonderful thing your daughter has done! I just "liked" your fb page and will have my daughter "like" it also!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Thank you again Winters momma and Nancy. Nancy, I hope your daughter will get something positive from our message. Things are going great with SSS right now and this summer, when all the girls are home from college, we hope to progress things even more for the upcoming year.