2016 Words.

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Snowey

Premiere Member
I never pick a word for the year, but this year I am going to pick LIVE !

I can honestly saying I am not living how I want to live. I live to much for others, my kids, grandkids, husband, etc. and how I can make their lives better. I put myself on the back burner.

I have not felt good all year, it's time for me to live for me!

I'm sorry if it sounds selfish, but I'm the only who can and will take care of me.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Nancy,

Good for you for picking a word. I think that is the perfect word for you.

We can't rely on others to fill us up, we must do it for ourselves.

2016 is going to be a great year for you!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Nancy, great word. How can we expect to do for others if we don't look after ourselves. Take care of yourself first.

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
My word for 2016 is CHANGE.

I have realized that I am at a point in my life where it's time to let go of all those old plans and accept the life ahead of me.

jollykelly

Premiere Member
Feb 22, 2015
Lehigh Valley, Pa
This will be my first year choosing a word. I think my word is going to be FEARLESS.

I will no longer be afraid of what others will think, say, or do. I will have the courage to speak for those who cannnot, to love the unlovable. Everytime I see my word I will be reminded "Fear not, for I am with you says the Lord"

Kelly

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Some great words are being chosen.
The first year I picked a word I did not fully realize the effect that it could have. Living by a word seems such a little thing but for me over the past few years it HAS made a difference.

Sugarplum

MHH Member
Jan 4, 2013
Florida
Ellen, I am already living CHANGE. I think I might join you in using that word.

I have never liked change, but now I have no choice. Adapt or crumble!

I have such a negative connotation to the word, I might have to think of a way to make it positive, lol.

momof9

Retire Member
Dec 3, 2007
LALA Land
I think that my word for 2016 is going to be PURPOSE. I am determined to live life on purpose. The past few years have been really difficult and I disappeared from the forums. I am divorced and have moved to a new state. I still have four children at home: DS16, DD14, DD11, and DS7. A year ago my DD24 moved back home with her 2yo son and at the beginning of this year my DD18 became pregnant and moved back in with me. I became pregnant with #10 at 43 and the babies were born 7 weeks ago, four days apart. My pregnancy was difficult, I had an emergency C-section and then didn't recover well, my incision repeatedly opened and developed a staph infection.

All in all, I feel as if I have been out of commission for almost a year. Since I have started to recover, I have been putting out fires and trying desperately to dig myself out of the chaos that has taken over our home. I chose my word to remind me daily to choose to live my life on purpose rather than feel as if I have no control over anything... not even my own body

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Ellen, I am already living CHANGE. I think I might join you in using that word.

I have never liked change, but now I have no choice. Adapt or crumble!

I have such a negative connotation to the word, I might have to think of a way to make it positive, lol.

Maybe use Nativity: the event of being born into new situations

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
My word was Focus for 2015 and boy, what I thought it meant to me and what it ended up meaning for me are totally different. I thought I'd spend more time focusing on hobbies but instead I've been focusing more on myself getting to a healthy point in life and focusing on relationships.

I'm not sure, but I think the word for me might be Listen. I'll have to give it some more time to see if that's it.

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
I think that my word for 2016 is going to be PURPOSE. I am determined to live life on purpose. The past few years have been really difficult and I disappeared from the forums. I am divorced and have moved to a new state. I still have four children at home: DS16, DD14, DD11, and DS7. A year ago my DD24 moved back home with her 2yo son and at the beginning of this year my DD18 became pregnant and moved back in with me. I became pregnant with #10 at 43 and the babies were born 7 weeks ago, four days apart. My pregnancy was difficult, I had an emergency C-section and then didn't recover well, my incision repeatedly opened and developed a staph infection.

All in all, I feel as if I have been out of commission for almost a year. Since I have started to recover, I have been putting out fires and trying desperately to dig myself out of the chaos that has taken over our home. I chose my word to remind me daily to choose to live my life on purpose rather than feel as if I have no control over anything... not even my own body

You are a busy lady, & very blessed. As the mom of five & step-mom to three, I know what it's like with a large family. Take care.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Momof9 nice to see back posting with us. Lots of movement around you!

I'm still thinking of my word and have pretty much narrowed it down to 2, I've also been writing goals and ways to attain those goals. I'll let you all know when I've decided and will list my goals too.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I haven't picked out a word in a few years but I think I really need to for 2016. This past year was chaotic and stressful and I was very unprepared for several events including holidays so I am going to choose Prepare for my 2016 word.

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
I've been trying to come up with something. My plan for the year is to downsize, & I will make my word SIMPLIFY.
I just have so much stuff......I don't have room for it all. I keep accumulating it.
I don't want to be on the next episode of Hoarders...
My word for 2016 is SIMPLIFY.

Last edited:

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
I am going to go with rejuvenate.

I need to spend some time on me. I need to ensure that I am healthy, rested and relaxed to enable me make sure that DS and pups are happy and healthy. I also think that I want to do some renovating around the house- it may not get done in 2016 but will be planned. Im not sure yet exactly what will be done but new kitchen and bathrooms, new floors and reno of the pool outdoor area. Quite a bit more than just minor cosmetic changes.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I'm pondering Accept as my word but am not sure yet. I think I have this idea in my head about how things should be (family, kids, life, etc) and they aren't and that bums me out and in reality, I need to accept people and life for who and how they are and know that it's okay. My kids are who they are and that's okay. I am who I am and that's okay. We are where we are in life and although there are many challenges right now, we will get through them and I need to accept them and keep going. DH's job sucks but there's nothing we can do to change it so we can only accept it and work with what we've got. I will keep pondering and come back when I know for sure.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I'm pondering Accept as my word but am not sure yet. I think I have this idea in my head about how things should be (family, kids, life, etc) and they aren't and that bums me out and in reality, I need to accept people and life for who and how they are and know that it's okay. My kids are who they are and that's okay. I am who I am and that's okay. We are where we are in life and although there are many challenges right now, we will get through them and I need to accept them and keep going. DH's job sucks but there's nothing we can do to change it so we can only accept it and work with what we've got. I will keep pondering and come back when I know for sure.

I understand! I struggle with acceptance. There are just some things I don't want to think are okay, when for me they are not.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I think I've decided: Simple things

I want to live simply. I want to sit by the window when it rains and read books. I want to paint because I want to, not because I have something to prove. I want to listen to my body, fall asleep when the moon is high, and wake up slowly, with no place to rush off to. I want not to be governed by money or clocks or any of the artificial restraints that humanity imposes on itself. I just want to BE, boundless and infinite

why? how?
  • make the best of every second
  • appreciate the beauty of the world around me
  • Be grateful for the little things in life
  • Have time to live well
  • Simplify life (decluttering, reduce stress)

Here's to the moments when you realize that simple things are wonderful and enough - Jill Badonsky

After this I made a list of resolutions / goals + ways to attain them. Now I need to make a list of simple things that make me happy so I can look at it when I need it.

Last edited:

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Lucie,

That is wonderful. I am so happy for you and I know you are going to have a great 2016.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I haven't figured out what my word is going to be yet. I keep changing my mind; nothing is speaking to me.