2020 - HHP - Week 15 - Final Clean Week

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Final Clean Week... Another sign that we are getting closer to Christmas...

What's on your list?

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I am happy with where we are in getting ready for Christmas. I had picked up some crafting things to make for Christmas home decor at the beginning of November. Yesterday was the first chance that I could work on them. I had 6 home decor projects to do and I completed 5 of them. I have one more to finish today.

Household
  • Do a final pre-holiday whole-house clean.

Holiday
  • Continue to wrap gifts.
  • Make Christmas ornament.
  • Finish Christmas craft home decor.
  • Plan Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day menus..
  • Update address book.
  • Finish up Christmas cards.
  • Check cameras and camcorders.
  • Upload photos from camera to computer.
  • Delete photos from camera to allow more space for Christmas photos.
  • Work on virtual scavenger hunt.

Last edited:

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Household Checklist:
  • Pre-holiday whole house clean - done
Holiday Prep Checklist:
  • take gifts to co-workers on Thursday - done
  • finalize Christmas Eve & Day menus - done
  • make master grocery list - done
  • complete gift wrapping - done

Last edited:
Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
It's Wednesday and I haven't got to a blessed thing. At this point, I'm hoping time frees up this weekend.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Tree is up, and the kids have a new appreciation for how time consuming it can be to put on Christmas Lights. We got a fake tree last year and had many objections from the kids. I prefer real trees also, but it really was such a fire hazard next to the wood stove. Then our tree 2 years ago came in with spiders and that was the last straw). The fake tree is great and even though it has TONS of lights, we STILL put on more. Well the teens got that job this year and NOW they understand all about the joys of putting on tangled strings of lights. They have concluded our fake tree is lovely! :).

Our brand new upright freezer arrived and we had it all loaded up. Then it stopped working. Lost everything in it. :-O. Thank goodness I hadn't transferred the beef to it yet. Repair guy came and said it needs a new motherboard. They can get it our here by mid-Jan. Really??
Very frustrated but it is just so Covid-era that I'm not even surprised.

Here's where I'm at:

House --
It's fine. Not as perfect as other years, but it's within 1 hour of pretty-darn-clean if the whole family pulls together. And I've gone through all the packages and cleared out the packaging debris so this year Santa's workshop (the attic) is pretty organized. All the Autumn renovations and projects are now at a stand-still and I'm not going to ramp them up again til after Christmas.. Some rooms are a disaster of paint cans but at least it is not the living room. Right? I'm kind of eager to get back into it in January.

Holiday --
* Finish last of the shopping. Mostly done. A couple more orders to place and some 4am shopping to do (while grocery stores are empty)
* Order the Roast.
* Start wrapping! I'm recruiting DH to help with this while he watches football on Sunday. Goal to be done by next Friday when DS gets out for Christmas Break.
* Pick cookie recipes to do with the teens. We are going to put the flours together but not bake til right before Christmas.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
They have concluded our fake tree is lovely! :).
Love it! :)
Our brand new upright freezer arrived and we had it all loaded up. Then it stopped working. Lost everything in it.
You have got to be kidding me! Oh my goodness, you've been waiting so long and then that... Yeah, definitely so 2020...

Gifts are all wrapped except those which are sitting in warehouses and shipping facilities. I've announced to the family that some gifts may be pictures of things ordered.

I bought Christmas craft supplies to make some Christmas home décor. That was supposed to be done in early November but with the two COVID-19 scares in November, I never got to it. I am happy to say that I have finished those projects.

My goal at this point is to finish the cards and send them out on Saturday. I'll just move everything else over to do next week.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I managed to misplace my mailing address list and the Christmas cards that were done. :mad: Yeah... Not a good day here.

I spent hours looking for them and decluttering areas in the process. Now I'm writing out cards again and using the old envelopes that we received from last year. Those envelopes were with the extra cards I had on hand. I have about 20 more cards to go...

On the bright side, I did get lots of areas in the house decluttered.