2021 - HHP - Week 12 - Dining Space

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009

Household Checklist

• Declutter the dining area. I decluttered the drawers in the spring so the decluttering won't be too bad.
Holiday Prep Checklist
  • Prepare and freeze Thanksgiving side dishes: Stuffing, Creamed Spinach, Mashed Sweet Potatoes, Mashed Potatoes, Apple Pie Filling and Crust
  • Start a Black Friday Sales game plan. With supply chain issues, I've been buying things as I see them on a sale whenever possible. There are a few exceptions like items that would push me over the budget unless I buy them on a Black Friday sale.
  • Plan holiday parties. Not sure if we're hosting anything yet. Need to make a decision this week.
Still to do:
  • Christmas Cards Really behind again on this.
  • DIY gifts Getting there.
  • Prep gifts for essential personnel.
  • Wrap gifts

Last edited:
Reactions: happy2bme

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I'm working on several areas:

1. Getting my Thanksgiving shopping list and plan SUPER tight, so I'm not wasting time with multiple trips to the store.
2. Getting my Thanksgiving Timeline down so I'm not stressed that day.
3. Regretting that I haven't got my freezer meal arsenal this year. Need to clean it out on Trash Day. And need to double-batch cook.
4. Getting my Christmas list tight for this week. Hope to get most of it done before Black Friday.
5. My dining table is buried in DS college app stuff and my garage still needs be emptied before we can get to the Christmas Tree next week. And the generator has to be wired in there too. Lordy how is this all going to come together?
Wow -- I should be really freaking out right now. I pretty much have a death grip on my planner. If grandpa wasn't in his 90s and if we didn't have so many food sensitivities I'd say we should just eat out for Thanksgiving. Eating out just never works for us. But I'm doing minimal recipes this year!

*Deep breaths*

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I don't have a dining room, so will work on some unfinished tasks instead.

*inventory freezer :)
*work on Christmas cards :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Dining Room table still buried in DS's papers and the mudroom is BURIED in outgoing donation items but the rest of the house is in good shape. The furnace is all torn apart so parts of the house have been 60 degrees all week. Hard to concentrate when it is cold. Thank goodness for that wood stove. DH hopes to have the new furnace up and rolling in the next couple days. Fingers crossed. Meanwhile, I need to go find a turkey today. I set an annual reminder on my phone calendar to do this earlier next year.

I did get an early jump on the Black Friday sales and got some key gift items I was looking for, so that is good. Also just occurred to me there are some great deals right now on housewares that I should be looking at as well.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
This week has been, well, unexpected. Family need some TLC. My brother was in the hospital for 4 days. All seems to be stable now.

I focused on my list with "gazelle like intensity" after that. LOL! I got through a good portion of things but still need to finish up things from the list.

Reactions: happy2bme

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Off to read about habitstack.
That concept has really helped me in a lot of ways and I try to encourage my kids to do this also.. Also just downloaded Tiny Habits from the library after spotting it at the bookstore. There was a good tip for Meditation which I can blow off sometimes but I really want to get dialed in on that (It might even be might word for the year now that I've had Clarity for the last two). For meditation, this book suggested to start with just 1 Minute. I liked that. I can prob make that work with my Apple Watch. So I'm going to try 1 minute for a while during my busy time -- which is now.

Holiday_Mom -- Sorry to hear about your brother. Glad he is better....