2022 Healthy Living (February 20 – 26 week's review):

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
February 20 – 26

Exercise:

• Sunday ~ Step & Tone
  • Monday ~ Great Moves, Step Revival
  • Tuesday ~ Windsor Pilates, 3 sets of PT matrix exercises
  • Wednesday ~ Total Body
  • Thursday ~ Classical Stretch
  • Friday ~ Dance Step + 2.7 mi. walk
  • Saturday ~ 2 mi. walk video + 3 sets of PT matrix exercises
Healthy eating: A little better this week.

Week’s weight: up/down/maintain: -.89 for the week (BMI=23.6)

Mental/Emotional: What did you do for yourself this week? I had a positive week. Monday was DGD’s 6th birthday, and we got to Skype with her while they had her cake. Sadly, the family was quarantined, so her party will be rescheduled. Tuesday, I went craft shopping with a friend and then we went to Open Sew with our sewing projects and were able to work together on them. Thursday, I had a sewing club meeting and was able to help one of the members learn how to download digital files and then transfer them to her embroidery machine. Doesn’t it feel good to be able to help others?! That evening we met friends for dinner at a Mexican restaurant. Then yesterday, I called a couple of friends who have had health issues and was able to touch base with them. As you may realize, I’ve exercised every day this year and the last day of 2021, so that’s 58 straight days of exercising. I’ve never done that before, so I’m quite proud of it, but wondering if I’m going to feel “down” when there comes the day I need to miss.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Exercise - This past week I wasn't feeling great. Add in the bad weather and I got in three days of 30 minutes of exercise. I was feeling bad about it but then when I pushed too hard, I felt worse. What I did do is try to get in more movement throughout the day. 250 steps an hour is another goal I try when I'm not feeling great. Some days I am able to meet that goal a few times a day and some days I don't.

Healthy Eating - During the month of February, I've been paying attention to how I feel after I eat. I'm noticing things and what used to sound hard to give up, now is not so hard when I realize that certain foods make me feel "Eh." I am noticing that certain foods also make me feel good and energetic after I eat them.

Mental/Emotional - February was an experiment in a lot of things. I have decided that I will continue this idea of putting myself first in the morning. My youngest is now in high school. High schools offer more flexibility in time than elementary schools do. I am taking advantage of that by taking care of my own self before heading off to work on someone else's project. I am seeing that while interaction with people is good, solitude and silence allows me to hear my own voice and know my own needs better. This all becomes known when I journal in the morning and when I allow myself to feel my feelings without excuse. There is more but I will save that for my February reflection.

Dahlia Doll, as far as missing a day, it will happen and it will be ok. If you feel down, that's okay too. The thing that can be the hardest is the day after the day that you missed exercising or whatever else you've done consecutively. It is easier to say "Why bother?"

Reactions: jampss

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Dahlia Doll, as far as missing a day, it will happen and it will be ok. If you feel down, that's okay too. The thing that can be the hardest is the day after the day that you missed exercising or whatever else you've done consecutively. It is easier to say "Why bother?"

Ture! Once I miss a day, I will change my report to say something like ... "In the last __ days, I have only missed ___ day(s) of exercise" or something more positive like that. I know it will happen, especially in the summer when we start travelling and camping with friends. It's harder to get in the exercise.

That got me thinking, so I'm working up an exercise routine that wouldn't require any equipment and very little room (think travel trailer). I'll design it in sets with the plan to do three sets, but even if I only have time for one set, it will be something.

Last edited:

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Exercise- Did great the first part of the week then fell off as I started to prepare for my trip to Honolulu.
Just really wanted to make sure I was rested up before going on that trip and a couple of evenings I stayed longer at work to make sure all was good before I left.

Food- Food was good. Ate whatever was in my fridge so I wasn't leaving it while I was gone. Even came home on Friday and made dinner- this is a bonus. I would typically pick food up the night before a vacation but I had a plan and kept to it. Kept up with my water.

Mental- Was a bit (ok, a lot) frazzled getting ready for this vacation. I tend to be a "pre-worrier." Just worry about everything that could happen on the vacation. The long flight almost totally over water. Then the transportation to and from the airport. Just the whole list. This is something I have identified I need to work on. But, I have never done a trip like this so I'm "hoping" next time will be better. Because there WILL be a next time.
Upon returning home, I did tell myself I was proud. Despite my worries and anxieties, I "did it anyways." And it was FABULOUS!

Annie

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Annie, I am so glad you had a nice time. You do sound proud of everything you did plan and do.