2023 - HHP - Week 12 - Dining Space

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Week 1 - Planning and Paperwork
Week 2 - Calendar and Creativity
Week 3 - Me & Mine
Week 4 - Close to Home
Week 5 - House Room
Week 6 - Wardrobe
Week 7 - Bed & Bath
Week 8 - Family Space
Week 9 - Public Space
Week 10 - Cooking Space
Week 11 - Food Storage

Week 12 - Dining Space
Week 13 - Entryway
Week 14 - Storage
Week 15 - Final Clean
Week 16 - Nearly There
Week 17 - Celebration
Week 18 - New Year’s

This week, America gives thanks ... and we're tackling the dining room in the House & Holidays Plan.

America celebrates Thanksgiving this week, gathering family and friends around the dining table. This week in the House and Holiday Plan, we'll see to it that the celebration takes place in a clean and organized dining area.

Holiday prep focuses on the Thanksgiving celebration: we'll finish planning and shopping for Thanksgiving dinner, plan Black Friday/Cyber Monday shopping, and think ahead to seasonal decor for the holiday season.

This Week's Focus: Dining Space

On Thanksgiving, we gather family and friends to express our gratitude for the many blessings of this life, and the heart of the celebration lies around the dining room table. This week, we'll prepare the dining room or dining area to host the feast.

Final preparations for Thanksgiving include mapping out a strategy for Black Friday/Cyber Monday shopping. If we're giving a holiday party, now's the time to start planning.

This Week's Household Checklist

• Dive into the dining area. With this week's feast taking center stage, prepare a worthy dining area for your holiday celebration. Declutter and deep-clean the dining room or dining area.
  • Get set for the Thanksgiving feast. Once the dining room is clean and free from clutter, prepare for Thanksgiving dinner. Polish fine furniture, tidy any storage areas, and if needed, add extra leaves to the dining room table. Set the stage for a lovely holiday meal!

This Week's Holiday Prep Checklist

• Firm up plans for Thanksgiving Day. Plan table settings, seating and a centerpiece for Thanksgiving Day. Check the menu plan, and start thinking about a timeline for meal preparation.
  • Finalize the Thanksgiving menu. Check in with family members, delegate dishes, and be ready to celebrate.
  • Start a Black Friday Sales game plan. Online bargain sites and e-mail alerts allow Web-savvy shoppers to spot the best deals days before Black Friday. Make entries in your holiday sales planner and plan next week's shopping strategy as information comes to light.
  • Plan holiday parties. If you'll entertain next month, make plans now. You'll be prepared to issue invitations and check calendars with family and friends during the Thanksgiving celebration.
What are you doing this week?

Last edited:

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
We hit the ⅔ mark in our holiday prep journey! 6 weeks from today is Christmas Eve! My two main goals is finishing up my Thanksgiving Preparation Timeline and getting Christmas shopping done.

Household Checklist

• Declutter the dining room drawers.
  • Clean serving platters, bowls and utensils.
  • Work off of Thanksgiving Preparation Timeline
Holiday Prep Checklist
  • Firm up plans for Thanksgiving Day.
  • Finalize the Thanksgiving menu.
  • Start a Black Friday Sales game plan.
  • Plan holiday parties.

Last edited:

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I don't have a dining room, so this week will be a catch up week.

HOUSEHOLD CHECKLIST:

clean light fixture in laundry room - done

HOLIDAY PREP CHECKLIST:

finish Christmas cards
update gift list -
done
buy last of baking supplies - done
plan DD's stocking
decorate -
done

I always decorate the first weekend in December, but this year, that weekend will be busy getting DD moved back home, so I am going to decorate early!

Last edited:

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Well, whatever gets done today is it for the week. The next few days are planned with family outings. I am feeling really good with what has gotten accomplished for Thanksgiving prep. Actually, I'm feeling relaxed which is quite unusual. I was sure that I'd be so stressed by this point with hosting while working at this new job this year. Asking for help, making a list of things that are important to me and planning when it would get done has benefited me greatly.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Late posting. Got everything done with only a few mishaps that were not critical. Currently launched into Black Friday shopping! Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Thanksgiving went well overall. All of Friday morning and afternoon was spent shopping in stores and online. A good portion of my shopping is done. I still have a lot to do yet. After dinner on Friday, I prepped some items for wrapping. Finding time to wrap and shop is my biggest obstacle this year. The game plan is to get started on wrapping tomorrow.