2023 - HHP - Week 13 - Entry Space

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Week 1 - Planning and Paperwork
Week 2 - Calendar and Creativity
Week 3 - Me & Mine
Week 4 - Close to Home
Week 5 - House Room
Week 6 - Wardrobe
Week 7 - Bed & Bath
Week 8 - Family Space
Week 9 - Public Space
Week 10 - Cooking Space
Week 11 - Food Storage
Week 12 - Dining Space
Week 13 - Entryway
Week 14 - Storage
Week 15 - Final Clean
Week 16 - Nearly There
Week 17 - Celebration
Week 18 - New Year’s

With the season nearly here, it's time to organize the foyer or entryway. Open the door to an organized Christmas this week, in the House & Holidays Plan.

America gives thanks this week, as Thanksgiving Day kicks off the holiday season. In the House and Holidays Plan, we'll clean, declutter and prepare the entryway.

In holiday prep, we'll begin holiday decorating.

It's time to open the door to the holiday season!

This Week's Focus: Entry Space

Open the door to a beautiful home this week, as we clean, declutter and organize the entry area and coat closets. Our clean and organized entryway will make a dazzling impression on guests!

In holiday prep, we'll focus on a few holiday prep items and turn the corner toward Christmas.

Mailing party invitations early ensures that your event won't be lost in crowded calendars. For many families, the weekend kicks off holiday decorating.

Ready? It's here!

This Week's Household Checklist

• Clean and declutter the entryway. Front porch or foyer, apartment door or entryway, this week's focus is on the entry area of the home. Remove clutter, clean and organize the portal to your household this week. Check the front door, cleaning and polishing knob, knocker and any windows. What's the condition of the welcome mat; is it time for cleaning or replacement? Assess outdoor lighting; clean fixtures and replace any burned-out bulbs.
  • Prepare the entryway for guests. When guests arrive, will you be ready? Declutter doorway storage areas so outdoor shoes, umbrellas or keys find an efficient, attractive home. Make sure there's extra space in the coat closet, and add spare hangers for holiday guests' use. Be ready to open the door to a wonderful holiday season!

This Week's Holiday Prep Checklist

• Double up on freezer-friendly dishes. Plan to double or triple amounts for any freezer-friendly dishes, and tuck the extras into the freezer for later use. Candidates include unbaked pies, homemade cranberry sauce, unbaked stuffing and--surprise!--garlic mashed potatoes. Use the reserved side dishes for Christmas dinner or New Year's Day.
  • Shop Cyber Monday sales! Use your game plan to get the best deals quickly.
  • Inspect and inventory decorations. As seasonal decorations come out of storage, make a quick review of what you have. Add any needed items to the shopping list.
  • Begin holiday decorating. Begin the transition from Thanksgiving decor to Advent or Christmas decorations.
  • Send party invitations. Holding a holiday party this year? Send invitations early. Social calendars fill up quickly in December.
  • Arrange for baby-sitters. Be quick to call for help as holiday invitations arrive; child-care providers are busy in December, too.

What are you doing this week?

Reactions: happy2bme

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
My focus this week will really be on the Holiday prep side of things. December is quite busy this month with events happening on the weekday evenings and on the weekends. I'd really like to focus my bigger blocks of time on wrapping gifts and my small blocks of time on decorating. I also have to finish the cards but I will do that when I want to sit down and watch a Hallmark movie.

Household Checklist

• Clean and declutter the entryway
  • Prepare the entryway for guests.

Holiday Prep Checklist

• Shop Cyber Monday sales.
  • Wrap gifts.
  • Work on Christmas cards.
  • Inspect and inventory decorations.
  • Decorate house.
  • Bring out Advent items.

Last edited:

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
HOUSEHOLD CHECKLIST:

Entryway/Laundry Room has been dealt with in preparation of DD's moving back, but there is one cupboard that I still need to re-organize/clean out - done

HOLIDAY PREP CHECKLIST:

mail Christmas cards - done
wrap gifts - done

plan DD's stocking - done

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Household checklist:
- we had 4 small tornadoes over the weekend so a good clean up everywhere was done yesterday

Holiday prep checklist:
- Finished cards today - they will need to be mailed
- Finished wrapping stocking stuffers for grandkids today
- Ordered a gift for Ely (dd's stepson)
- Still need to figure out gifts for 2 grandgirls

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I got as much wrapping as possible done this week. A number of packages are delayed so more wrapping will happen next week.

I still need to decorate and get out the Advent box. A few unexpected events like a meeting and my brother's hospital visit threw me off my game. I didn't get to things I thought I would. Dh and dd are going to help me this weekend so I can get back on track.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I got caught up to where I wanted to be this week by spending all of Saturday and Saturday night either wrapping, baking or decorating with dh and dd. They are usually not around when I'm decorating and baking so it was a nice change to have some help.