2023 - HHP - Week 14 - Storage

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Three weeks from today is Christmas Eve!

Week 1 - Planning and Paperwork
Week 2 - Calendar and Creativity
Week 3 - Me & Mine
Week 4 - Close to Home
Week 5 - House Room
Week 6 - Wardrobe
Week 7 - Bed & Bath
Week 8 - Family Space
Week 9 - Public Space
Week 10 - Cooking Space
Week 11 - Food Storage
Week 12 - Dining Space
Week 13 - Entryway
Week 14 - Storage
Week 15 - Final Clean
Week 16 - Nearly There
Week 17 - Celebration
Week 18 - New Year’s

Holiday decorations--and the storage spaces that house them--are front-and-center in the House & Holidays Plan this week. Time to decorate!

December's here and with it, the fullness of the holiday season. This week in the House and Holidays Plan, decorations shine bright as we prepare a welcome home for the holiday season!

As we remove decorations from storage, we'll focus on the storage space they call home the other eleven months of the year.

In holiday prep, the season moves toward full swing with the coming of Advent. It's time to begin Advent observances, complete gift shopping, mail send-away gifts and work on holiday decorating.

This Week's Focus: Storage Space

With decorations the focus of this week, we'll give our storage spaces a good overhaul as we pull out boxed holiday decorations.

And now that December's here, we'll begin to consider family traditions and service projects.

This Week's Household Checklist

• Organize storage areas. Ransacking a crowded attic is nobody's idea of a good holiday time. This week, organize household storage areas as you bring forth holiday decorations. Whether it's the attic, garage, closet or shed, take time to tidy up household storage.
  • Assess decor storage needs. Getting out holiday decorations, it's easy to see where the household is falling short. Make note of any needed storage containers, and add them to the shopping list. When you see them on sale, buy! Inexpensive storage organizers can help keep clutter from creeping into corners--and a neat storage area will make it easier to return decorations to their year-round home at the season's end.

This Week's Holiday Prep Checklist

• Status check. This week, review where you stand with holiday prep. Crafts projects and homemade gifts should be finished soon; check for any missing catalog or online orders. Will everything arrive in time?
  • Begin family Advent observances. Advent begins on Sunday; begin family observances now.
  • Invite a Magic Elf to visit. Will a magic elf visit your home this year? Check out this simple, sweet family tradition.
  • Continue holiday decorating. Take advantage of the post-Thanksgiving lull to bring out holiday decor and artificial Christmas trees. Families who prefer a live tree will want to wait a bit, to ensure that the tree will be fresh and green for Christmas.
  • Finish gift shopping. It's time! Complete gift shopping this week.
  • Wrap gifts as they are purchased. Every little bit helps, so wrap ahead where possible--you'll avoid a long, rushed session of "get-it-done" gift wrapping!
  • Package send-away gifts for mailing. Mail deadlines loom! Be ready to mail send-away gifts by the end of the week.
  • Mail domestic gifts. Just say "no!" to lines at the post office; visit USPS.Com to purchase postage, print shipping labels and arrange for carrier pick-up with the Click-n-Ship program--all from the convenience of home!
  • Order the Christmas ham, roast or poultry. Your meat market will thank you for ordering before the rush!

What are you going to do this week?

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
It's another busy week here. Dd receives her class ring and then later in the week, I will be visiting my mom. Monday and Wednesday evenings are my free evenings to work on HHP this week.

Household Checklist

• Organize storage areas.
  • Assess decor storage needs.

Holiday Prep Checklist

• Status check.
  • Begin family Advent observances.
  • Continue holiday decorating.
  • Finish gift shopping.
  • Wrap gifts as they are purchased.

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Household Checklist
  • Maintenance
Holiday prep List
  • $$ cards (have not been done but been on my list for at least 2 months!!!)
  • Finish gift shopping - I think I'm only missing gift for 1 grandkid
  • Wrap as gifts get here

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
HOUSEHOLD CHECKLIST:

clean & organize cupboard in laundry room (didn't get this done last week) - done

HOLIDAY PREP CHECKLIST:

wrap DD's stocking stuffers - done
deliver service gift to hairdresser - done
bake

Last edited:

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
$$ cards (have not been done but been on my list for at least 2 months!!!)
I have had items like that on my list for months that I never get to do also. I get frustrated at myself for not getting it done but then I realize that, most of the time, it's because other things really took priority at the time.

Mel - Is your dd all moved in?

Status Check - Life looks quite different this year. It's nothing bad but just different. Wrapping is coming along nicely. Ideally, I would be further along but I am not. There are a few gifts that are proving to be difficult to find, if not elusive. I am rethinking some gifts now. I am still decorating a little at a time. I would really like to be done by next weekend.