2023 - HHP - Week 3 - Me & Mine

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
This week we take a look at our bedrooms.

Week 1 - Planning and Paperwork
Week 2 - Calendar and Creativity
Week 3 - Me & Mine
Week 4 - Close to Home
Week 5 - House Room
Week 6 - Wardrobe
Week 7 - Bed & Bath
Week 8 - Family Space
Week 9 - Public Space
Week 10 - Cooking Space
Week 11 - Food Storage
Week 12 - Dining Space
Week 13 - Entryway
Week 14 - Storage
Week 15 - Final Clean
Week 16 - Nearly There
Week 17 - Celebration
Week 18 - New Year’s

The master bedroom can be an oasis of calm and renewal ... if it's clean, clutter-free and well-organized. Tackle personal space this week in the House & Holidays Plan.
Properly appointed, the master bedroom can be an inviting oasis of calm in the midst of Christmas commotion--but not if it's choked and cluttered with misplaced stuff!
During Me and Mine Week at the House and Holidays Plan, we'll declutter, organize and clean the master bedroom. Our goal: to create a refreshing space for renewal and rest during the busy holiday season.
This week's holiday prep assignments see us focus on Christmas cards, set up a gift closet or gift box, and schedule some personal "me" time into the holiday season.

This Week's Focus: Master Bedroom and Personal Spaces

Rest, renewal and relaxation soothe the spirit and charge the soul. What's the state of your personal haven? This week, we'll declutter, clean and organize the master bedroom. Goal: to create a soothing sanctuary free from stacks and piles.
An organized clothes closet makes life easier day-by-day, and never more than during the busy holiday season. Sorting out clothing and removing clutter from the clothes closet sends the family into Fall with a spring in their step!

This Week's Household Checklist

• Declutter, clean and organize the Master Bedroom. It's a place for rest and renewal ... if you can find the space! Tackle clutter in the master bedroom this week. Use the STOP clutter method to sort the stacks and piles. Once you've cleared the items that don't belong, clean your newly-reclaimed private space. Use the "dry room" cleaning method to deep-clean the master bedroom in record time!
  • Decorate your restorative space. Make the most of your private sanctuary! Add decorative touches--candles, scent diffusers, flowers--to make the master bedroom a pleasant place to recharge your batteries and renew your spirit.
  • Tackle the clothes closet. With cooler weather on the way, a seasonal clothes closet declutter is in order. Make room for holiday finery as you sort and toss summer's stained garments.

This Week's Holiday Prep Checklist

• Inventory holiday cards, gift wrap, and mailing supplies. Make sure you know what you have before you buy--and shop at home first! A printable Wrap and Mail Checklist makes it easy to know what to add to the shopping list.
  • Make a Christmas card list. Pull out the address book or database, and make a Christmas card list. Protect your wallet: prune the list, and give thought to ways to reduce the cost of sending holiday greetings.
  • Use a computer address book for Christmas cards. Harness the power of computer technology. If your card list is still kept on paper, convert it to a computerized form. You'll thank yourself in years to come!
  • Print address labels for Christmas cards. If using address labels for your cards or letters, print them now. You'll be ready to write, sign and seal!
  • Order, buy or print Christmas cards or letters. If you'll be buying cards this year, order them now--particularly if you'll be using the popular photo cards. Will you need a family photo session? Schedule it today to avoid the November rush!
  • Plan personal pampering sessions, and add them to December's calendar. "If Mama's not happy, nobody's happy"; your mood affects the whole family. If you find the season stressful, plan now for some personal pampering sessions. A massage, a retreat, or even a gathering with girlfriends can be a welcome break in a busy month.
  • Set aside a gift closet or create a gift box; inventory any previously-purchased gifts. The secret of organized (and frugal) gift-givers? A gift closet or gift box. If you haven't already, set aside a specific place in your home to hold all bought-ahead gifts. A gift closet inventory will let you know what you have while shopping or making out a gift list, so print one for your Christmas planner notebook.

What are you doing?

Reactions: girlfromthebog

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009

This Week's Household Checklist

• Declutter and clean the bedroom.
  • I'll change my summer clothes to winter in October. It's still a bit warm here.

This Week's Holiday Prep Checklist

• Inventory holiday cards, gift wrap, and mailing supplies.
  • Review Christmas card list for known deaths and known moves.
  • Order Christmas cards.
  • Plan Hallmark Christmas movie days for November and December.
  • Set aside a gift box; inventory any previously-purchased gifts.

Last edited:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I have both my pedicure and massage appointment booked. Pedicure is the last Tuesday of the month. Massage is the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month. And DD goes in the last Friday of the month for her Pedicure. Had to cancel her massages because she had a screaming fit the last time she was in for a massage. Disturbed two other peoples clients.. It was the second time I had to go pick her up at the massage place so no more. Sad for DD but she can not disturb other clients and their time.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
HOUSEHOLD CHECKLIST:

declutter & organize my bedroom (dresser & closet)v - done

dust, vacuum & mop floor, wash curtains, clean window, laundry hamper, light fixture, walls, pictures, mirror, door, baseboards, mattress pad - done
redecorate - done

HOLIDAY PREP CHECKLIST:

inventory cards & gift wrap - done
make Christmas card list - done
decorate for Fall - done

Last edited:

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Hello everyone! I'm in again for this year! I've been out of town so this is my first check-in for the season. Have spent this morning with a hot cup of coffee going over all my notes. Thank goodness I write all this stuff down! :). I can feel the change of seasons in the air and am eyeing that wood stove. Time to light it soon. Can't wait! Will get my lists together and will post a status report this weekend. Hope everyone has had a good year and I look forward to reading up on your escapades on all the threads!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Hello everyone! I'm in again for this year! I've been out of town so this is my first check-in for the season. Have spent this morning with a hot cup of coffee going over all my notes. Thank goodness I write all this stuff down! :). I can feel the change of seasons in the air and am eyeing that wood stove. Time to light it soon. Can't wait! Will get my lists together and will post a status report this weekend. Hope everyone has had a good year and I look forward to reading up on your escapades on all the threads!
Yippee! You're here! I was wondering if you'd be back. So glad to see you again.

I'm glad I write things down too because I forget from year to year. In fact, I just realized today that I should probably keep better track of new food items we try. I saw that some holiday food is starting to make it's way into the grocery stores. I know I bought some of it last year but I couldn't remember if we liked it or not. I looked at my notes and nothing is written down. It will also help with not buying unnecessary duplicates.

I'm also moving the location of where I'm storing those holiday foods. Last year, I stored some Christmas foods in a basket in our basement but then we had flooding and everything got moved around. I didn't find the basket until after Christmas. :rolleyes: A couple jarred items have a late 2024 expiration date so that is fine. This year, the food will be stored in a recently decluttered buffet cabinet. No one ever goes into that so I think the food will be there at Christmas.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
My room has been deep cleaned and Fall decorations are up, this makes me very happy. The weather turned quickly here and it is looking and feeling like Fall. I love it!

I have pared my Christmas card list down quite a bit and discovered I have a lot of cards, I will pass them on to someone who needs them.