?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
RHD.....that dog in your avatar....is YOU!!!

The elves visit at Christmas.....most have an elf that "arrives" around the weekend of Thanksgiving or the first of December....he or she is from the North Pole and often reports back to Santa. Sometimes the elf leaves little gifts...but mostly they get into all sorts of mischief and trouble....but only at night of course....

The elf concept can be as complex or as simple as you want to make it...

Here's some ideas and things to look at:

Magic Elves

Elf Magic

Hope this helps.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
This will be my first year doing "Magic Elves" but if you look through the threads you will get lots of wonderful ideas that the very creative folks here did last year. Also, several of the blogs have picutres!!!

JingleJangle

Retire Member
Nov 17, 2009
Ditto, Ginger! Traditionally, the elves visit the 12 days before Christmas...but you can have them visit as long as you want. They have to be still during the day, but at night they're adventuresome. You could say that they're Parent Powered! As Ginger said, you can do as much or as little as you want - but I've found that the more you put into it, the more you get out of it. Watching the morning reactions is priceless, magical, heartwarming, ...

I love the Elfing Around program. They give you the elf and all the adventure ideas and supplies you need. They also have downloadable freebies. Hope this helps!