25th wedding Anniversary 7-6-2013

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
next July we will b celebrating our 25th anniversary. we have 3 wonderful grown kids wince this day. Nathaniel, 23, Nicholas, 20 & Laura 20.... & by this date we will b grandparents for the first time.
will have to watch my recorded tape of the wedding to get as close to as I can with things we done.....(my uncle that has gone to b with the Lord, taped it)
on that wedding day, we were married in the city park where I had 27 steps to come down... the men came across the park to the ladies as they walked down steps.. we stood 3 ft from a natural spring of water... we r doing it again in the same spot yes, we r renewing the same vows, the same Pastor, & the same wedding party.... with the exception of a few that has already gone on to be with Jesus...... so I just have to have a few to fill in... not certain, on our attire....as I know I can not fit into the dress I wore 25 years ago. I was a whopping sz 2, lol lol lol now in a 14. but would really like to wear the closest to it as I can get. as I had a cute little hat with no veil. but had a beautiful 15 ft train behind me. the girls were in different pastel colored dresses, some were long some were short. all men were in tuxes, (& I know that's not happening) this time... so am thinking to do jeans & white shirts with the girls in blue jean skirts with pastel colored shirts.... not sure, but me in a blue jean apparell of some kind....
as for the reception, we will have to do it here at my home, as the building we used, is no longer standing... lol lol
am up for any idea's of how to do some of the decor as I have a few pics I want to display & my Aunt Nancy, passed a few weeks ago, she bought us a huge set of wine glasses & out of the 25 yrs, only 3 were broken, so I am standing them upside down, in front of the kids' pics with their names on those, with ribbons, or something on them....
I have this event & baby shower & then the birth to worry about before. but all at the same time going thru this mind of mine... lol lol

any comments & suggestions would be grateful. as I add more to this, I know I have forgotten something....

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
DawnSu there are tons of ideas for wedding receptions on Pinterest.. they are really lovely. I'm wishing you the best for your Anniversary

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
What a monumetous event, DawnSu! How awesome! The internet is full of ideas for weddings and receptions, etc. Also, check wedding plan books at the library. What fun you will have planning everything that is to come next year!!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Those are some great ideas already. Congrats.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I love the idea of jeans with their shirts matching the color of their dresses from the wedding. You have some great ideas.

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
just having to do something different clothes wise. but want to b pretty logical....the maid of honor was in pink so the best man will b in a pink shirt, the bridesmaid #1 was in a pastel color her groomsman will b in the same color.....

& I have decided to have straw out back to have as a kind of backyard thing..... of course there will not be a tid bit of alcohol at this reception.... just haven't figure out where to have this in front where there is nothing.. but hill, or in back yard in different parts set up for different things....
lol ol idea's running wild....

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
I have purchased goblets, picture frames, platters, bells for tables, floating candles for tables, & today I purchased 100 bottles of bubbles for $3.00. am getting soo excited.
thinking we r doing black capris for girls & black pants for guys & shirts that match for the couples that walked together, to match what we wore 25 years ago. lol lol
I have also purchased a few firepits for the reception out in my back yard. as its all falling together.
am going to have a table with memories of our 25 years together, under a tent like, with 25 hilium balloons with memories on them.
all kinds of bargains for this occasion.
just a few things done but am on the right track with this date approaching very quickly.
thanks for all the encouraging words.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Sounds fablulous DawnSu! Love the 25 balloons with memories...great idea!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
DawnSu-
When my Aunto got remarried- they did a color scheme of black and white.

All the men in the party wore black jeans and white shirts.
Her bridesmaids wore black dresses.

They asked everyone attending to wear black/white- or one or the other.

It looked really nice- and was very casual!

Sounds like you have some good ideas and plans going!

Good luck and Congratulations!!!!!!

Annie

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
Annie I h=think we r going to do black pants & white shirts with all wedding party or mayb a touch of silver, with it being 25 years. I did also buy the wedding walk way material the other day, to use to decorate the tables with as well.... I am going to have to get in gear or I am going to b late on things...
thanks for all the encouraging words & idea.... am still open for all & any..

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
Your plans sound wonderful. Congrats on your upcoming milestones!

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
little over 4 months to go. am getting very excited. I pray I can get all the wedding party together. am asking them all to perform their positionas they did 25 yrs ago. lol tryin to get little things put together as they r the most time consuming....
thanks for allthe well wishes. I pray every day for this to come together as it needs too

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Hi, dawnsu.I was just going back and browsing. How are things going? How is your mom?

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
thx for asking. Mother is beginning her treatments yet again in am. she has another spot right next to her heart. she is getting some kind of injections once a week for chemo will have an update tmro as I don't even know what to expect...

the wedding anniversary party is coming along. am buying a few things here & there pc at a time.

thanks soo much for asking
May God Bless,

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Thanks for the update DawnSu

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
Well hello to all... I have been MIA for a very. Very long time.... I am sorry... as my mother passed 5 months after this. I went in a hole.... it has been 5 yrs since she gained her wings... she sure wouldn't have wanted me to do as I did. But it has come to pass... we r celebrating 31 yrs this year. thank j for Al that has stayed ink contact with me. Now that there is FB, seems like I have friends all over the world.... lol thank u.....God Bless * am looking forward to another 30 yrs....
Happy 4th Of July to all

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Sad to hear of the passing of your Mother.

Reactions: DawnSu