30 Minute Thursday

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Pick a room or area of the house. Or perhaps a big project you have been wanting to accomplish and work on it for 30 minutes today!

30 Minute Thursdays can make a REAL difference after a few weeks....so you don't have to do it all.....but set the timer and get 30 minutes in....!!!

:snowman2:

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
I spent half an hour in the guest room (aka the room with heaps of boxes and no room for a guest...) Made a bit of a dent which is great, and managed to dig out all my Christmas cookbooks ready for Rudy Day in a few days :)

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Thirty Minute Thursday! Ah Ha! THIS is something we really need! Devoting thirty minutes towards a project we have been thinking about beginning!!! There is a perfect project waiting -- right beside my front door.

We have concrete steps, leading up to a small front stoop/porch. You ring the doorbell. You wait for someone to answer the door -- and look idly around. One one side -- is a lovely rose bush. On the other side -- is an area full of weeds and 6" tall trees that have NOT been planted there -- and ivy beginning to climb up the house in a NOT GOOD way.

This area should be cleared out. There are some columbines there -- that COULD self-seed -- if they were not being choked to death by the ivy. So THAT will be my project: Thirty Minutes each Thursday! I can't devote a whole day to it! But.... I CAN give it 30 minutes each Thursday!

:smilehearts:

Last edited:

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
For today I will use my thrity minutes at work...I need to clean out file drawers....in fact I'd like to get rid of the old file cabinet all together but first MUST purge files.

:snowman:

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Oh, my filing cabinet is a mess... That will have to be added to my list :)

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Back inside from my first try at Thirty Minute Thursday! I was able to fill a big lawn bag with ivy and small trees and branches from the small area by my front porch! Thirty minutes was enough to make a NOTICEABLE difference! And - it has morning shade -- so it wasn't bad at all!

I like Thirty Minutes Thursday! It is VERY helpful!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I worked 30 minutes on the file cabinet...got one drawer emptied...

WAY to go SparkleNana.....30 minutes can make a big difference even on a BIG job....

Anybidy else do their 30 minutes?

:gingerbread:

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Certainly did! It's amazing how much time 30 minutes actually is. I'd get through a good amount and think my timer must have stopped or isn't working properly. Then I'd discover I still had about 10 minutes left!