40th Wedding Anniversary Cake Topper ideas needed

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Hi all!

My in-laws are celebrating their 40th anniversary with a family picnic at their farm. I am making french toast casseroles for mil to serve immediately following Mass to her out of town guests. I also ordered an anniversary cake for them from a local bakery. I wanted to add a topper to it, but our party supply store is out of 40th anniversary toppers. I could make one, but don't know where to start. Any suggestions would be appreciated. It's a little late to order one on-line.

Thanks!
Lisa

Eaglesax

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Middle Georgia
Have you tried calling other Bakeries? Even if you didn't order the cake there, you can still buy toppers. I have also seen "older" bride and groom figurines or maybe a figurine that represents something they enjoy or the place they live or went on the Honeymoon. I know the "in" thing is to use a metal "monogram" or initial as a topper on wedding cakes. Maybe you could find a fancy 4 & 0 in the hardware store and have the bakery "dress" it up with icing flowers......

I feel your crunch...... :slap:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Jackfrosty love the acrylic frame idea!! could be used for other occasions.... I'm taking note of this.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Thank you for the ideas. I'm heading to Michael's today. I'll share what I come up with!

:grin:

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
You could always use flowers on top-fresh or silk. A florist can make you one for just a small amount of money, if you don't want to do it yourself or don't have time. I do like to monogram look, too. Wal-mart actually has some pretty stuff, too.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Thanks Cathy! I will check out Walmart too. I love the monogram idea, or even the number 40.

Smiles,
Lisa

welshbabe

Retire Member
Dec 29, 2007
Hi - how about making their original wedding pic into a photo topper in icing? Or to be economical just laminate one yourself - after printing it out either square or circled.