6 patties equal over a cup of grease

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
So gross. I was in the mood for Chili today. Since I didn't have a pound of just ground beef I thought I'd use up some hamburger patties I had gotten with a free coupon from our local high priced store. No not Wal-Mart but Kowalski's!! I couldn't believe there was so much grease. I'd expect it from Wal-Mart. lol

I couldn't believe how much fat was in the 6 patties. Yes, a whole cup of grease!!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12006545@N04/2851440388/

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Isn't it gross? My mother always used to stab burgers just as they finished cooking and grease would bubble up over the tops of them. We'd use papertowel to soak some of it up to try to make it healthier. Still, when you see it all congealed it makes you wonder what they do to our hearts!

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
ewww! :!:

I buy my burger from a local farmer (grain fed, no hormones or antibiotics) and I have to add water often because there is no fat!

sorry about your patties!

Ms_Speedy_Elf

MHH Member
Aug 16, 2008
Tennessee
mymerrychristmas.com
wantabe said:
We eat a lot of deer burger because it is so low in fat--and cheaper than beef.
My b/f always tries to get me to eat deer meat and I REFUSE!!!!!!! I'm sorry ,but I can not see eating such a beautiful animal . If I was out in the wilderness staving and had no other choice ,that might be different.

Cinnamonstix

Retire Member
Sep 4, 2008
NB, Canada
We have our own beef cattle. And it's the same, we have to add oil or water to the pan because the beef is so lean. It makes me wonder how much animal fat they add to the ground beef in stores.

Real ground beef is so red it almost has a purple tinge to it. The stuff in the stores has a hard time to look pink.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I had a cat who loved ground beef. She would sit in the kitchen and meow everytime I was cooking it. But when I bought ground beef at the organic store she would try to climb the stove to get at it. So if a cat can tell the difference between regular store bought and organic there has to be a major difference.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
wantabe said:

I find it hard to eat deer meat. One time when I was a kid my Dad gave me a sausage. After I ate it he asked, "Was it good?" I answered "Yeah!" and he said, "Guess what?! You just ate Bambi!"

iluv2scrap

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Michigan
www.facebook.com
[quote="FrostyShimmer
I find it hard to eat deer meat. One time when I was a kid my Dad gave me a sausage. After I ate it he asked, "Was it good?" I answered "Yeah!" and he said, "Guess what?! You just ate Bambi!"[/quote]

Something similar happened to my daughter when she was spending time with her aunt and uncles family and it turned her away from meat at a young age. Fish is all she will eat. People suck, lol.

Ms_Speedy_Elf

MHH Member
Aug 16, 2008
Tennessee
mymerrychristmas.com
FrostyShimmer said:
wantabe said:

I find it hard to eat deer meat. One time when I was a kid my Dad gave me a sausage. After I ate it he asked, "Was it good?" I answered "Yeah!" and he said, "Guess what?! You just ate Bambi!"

Thats the reason why I never eat meat when my b/f and I go to visit his brother .

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I cried then was sick when my "chicken" turned out to be a rabbit!! Yes, some people are NOT funny!

My DH has a horror story of being 5/6 and his father going outside on Christmas Eve, and shooting into the air, coming back into the house and saying he shot Rudolph!! OMG :thud:

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
FrostyShimmer said:

:rotflol: Sometimes I wonder if I am the reason dd13 won't eat red meat at all. When she was about 18 months old my stepfather just got back from hunting and had a deer on the back of the 4 wheeler, I told dd look grandpa killed Bambi. When he was cooking some of it, she knew because my mom won't eat it. She said Bop-Bop(what she called him at time) why are you eating Bambi?

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
You know, I was grocery shopping with a friend this summer. She told me how great those burgers were. Needless to say, she is one of my "Body Clutter" group girls. I looked at the food label and was stunned at the fat content. Later I was tempted to buy a box, just becuase. But heck no!! They must be pumped with something to get that that fatty. I'll stick with a low fat burger on the grill.