87 Days of Christmas fun!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
Hi there, what are you all planning for some Christmas fun today?

In my case, I am dreaming of being the traveller coming home for Christmas for a change, as there is a chance I may be going overseas with my job in 6 weeks time (I would be home lots though). And even better, I would be able to visit lots of the Christmas markets on the continent (they are brilliant but I haven't been to any for a few years since the toddler arrived).

Even if I don't get that opportunity, there are others I can take (there is another posting available next summer), but it gives a certain spring to my step today (until I hear about some aspects for definite from personnel tomorrow - so I am safe to dream today at least!).

As for Christmas fun over the weekend, I managed to finish a gift of a scarf, and I also had 3 more hours helping my uncle move in to his new house - so visiting with him, 2 more aunts and their DH's, and my DH and the toddler all getting stuck in. The toddler was very funny because, even when she was given paper and pens to do some colouring, she wanted to cart boxes around that were nearly as big as herself!! So she was actually a very useful person to have around!! :applause:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
We finally picked the names for the gift exchange and when I went to Costco I bought dark chocolate filled with bailey's for my Brother (part of the gift is done).

Today... might do elf antic list at lunch.

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Kind of took it easy this weekend, cuz of back trouble. It is better. Still hurts to sit for too long.

Friday evening, I tried to sew, but for every 20-30 of sitting, I had to lie down for almost an hour. Not worth it. Went to bed by 8 and slept. So Saturday, better times were ahead. Had to go get some sewing machine oil.

Got the other two boots made for my daughter and the larger cushion for her bench. Sunday night, I made two throw pillows, stuffed them, and sewed everything shut by hand.

I did go to one of the local antique malls on Saturday. Got a baby doll bed for $6.50...with a doll and some bedding. I really don't have room for it, but I couldn't turn it down. There aren't too many girly things for youngest DGD. However, I may decide to give it to middle DGD for Christmas. Also got two needlepoint Christmas stockings. I spent under $14, including tax. I'm still the bargain queen!! :haha:

Yesterday, my sweetie took me to breakfast since I didn't go to church. We then went to Menard's and Lowe's. Menard's had TONS of Christmas decorations. My tongue was hanging out!! :rotflol: LOVED that! I told Sweetie that I am so excited about Christmas this year. I don't think he quite understands me. :thud: His problem, right?

We went on a little hike; he wanted to show me some things at a local place. Then to his house, and I put together some solar lights for his yard while he put them around the garden. He had bought some plants and planted them (mums and flowering kale). He loves to work in the yard.

Back to my place where we laid around, watched t.v. and ate. He had gone to the James Dean Festival on Saturday, because he and his buddy LOVE this and go every year. He takes off work if he has to. :haha: He said they walked and walked for hours!! His legs were still tired yesterday. :frown:

So other than sewing for my DD, I didn't do any Christmas. I think I needed a detachment for a couple of days. Now, I'm ready to face the world, kind of. I need to do some Christmas decor planning.

:bigsnow:

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I'm going to be reading A Catered Christmas by Isis Crawford today. This is my finals week so I only have a small amount of homework, which means today i'm going to focus on fun reading. Last night we watchd How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

StressLess

Retire Member
Jun 4, 2008
Memphis TN
Hi Everyone!

I listened to the Elf soundtrack on the way to daycare and work. My kids and I had a ball! :haha: I will start looking for some more holiday music on Amazon and another Christmas novel.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
No fun here...I worked today at my big girl job...first day with clients! Whew-interesting! DH treated us to Arby's for dinner so I didn't have to cook tonight-what a guy!!

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
I managed to buy a couple more things for Christmas presents and that is all I managed to do with Christmas apart from a visit here to catch up. I don't thinks tomorrow is going to be much better either. I really must try harder.

:frosty:

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Last night I decided to make my oldest son a stocking out of Colts fleece material for our gift exchange (In our family this year, we decided to do stocking exchanges instead of a regular gift exchange! I got him and he is a die hard Colts fan!) Anyway, went to Joann Fabrics, used my 40% off coupon and bought the material to make it. Went home and that is as far as I got. :slap: Maybe I'll get it done tonight. Uh huh.

:bigsnow:

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
Today, while listening to the unfolding economic drama on the news etc at lunchbreak, I did some work on scarf #7.

Then I went back to work to unravel my own economic drama of my desk and try to finally get somewhere with the report I am writing that is taking forever. But I now know that I am under slightly less pressure to get it done, as I will definitely NOT be going overseas this autumn. (Yay and boo at the same time :slap: )

dejavu

Retire Member
Oct 22, 2007
Chicago suburbs, Illinois
I've been sewing like crazy. Our church had a craft sale and I made holiday pillowcases, aprons and wine bottle gift bags. I even made a Christmas Planner (my own pages and designs) and sold it. I am SOOOO in the holiday spirit. Poor Halloween. I don't think it will get the attention it deserves this year...