89 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS FUN

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Good morning and Happy Friday! One of my Christmas fun things today is going to involve a beautiful Christmas tree ornament I bought last year at a 90% off after-Christmas sale! I am going to bring it to the room I am concentrating on today - and keep looking at it. I just love it! (I will be decluttering and cleaning the Master Bedroom today).

In addition to being a Christmas junkie, I am also a political junkie - so I will be switching between CNN, Fox and MSNBC to watch the financial/legislative/administration workings. Also watching the preparation for the Presidential Debate in Mississippi tonight!

Yesterday, there was failure of the biggest bank in US history! Luckily, our government guaranteed its assets, and with that guarantee, it was able to be bought up by another bank. News commentators were saying that today would be the biggest and most important news day in US history so far -- because of the world-wide importance of the actions our elected officials take today!!!!

I am confident that no matter what they do today, that our MHH family will help us have a joyful, meaningful Christmas this year! The love and strength on this board is incredible! Thank you all for that! :grouphug:

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Maybe I'm a cockeyed optimist, but I truly feel in my heart that things are going to be better soon. It may take a few months, but it will, make that WILL get better!! :grin: And for us at MHH, how could it not get better? We encourage each other in lots of ways, and help each other with ideas and such. I love each of you! What a blessing you are.

Today, I will finish my Christmas cards. The boss is gone until early afternoon, and my coworker is in Indy for some continuing ed classes until early afternoon. All I have to do is answer the phone and read MHH. (and the cards! :haha: ) Life is good.

The sun is out. It is a beautiful fall day. And we have MHH!

:bigsnow:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Pam -you are REALLy going to have a day of Christmas fun! I LOVE work days like that --- when everyone else is gone - and all you have to do is answer the phone! And, of course, the phone doesn't ring much -- because nobody is in the office making outgoing calls! So you get to rest .... and do Christmas stuff! Heaven!

If you discover any great Christmas info while surfing, PLEASE share it with us!!!!! :skate:

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
My Christmas cards are all addressed now...for church and for mailing. Now, I'll have to start saving for stamps!! Ouch!! That will hurt! But it is something I love to do. Wish I would have brought a needlework project of some kind with me.

:bigsnow:

Pumpkin’s Mom

MHH Member
Jul 25, 2008
WOW, that is great Pam. I make my own cards and joked with my mom if I should just buy a box from Costco since I am always rushing to finish them. They are half way done and it is on my list to finish them by next weekend.

Dakotasmamaw

Retire Member
Im afraid Im at work today and busy for a change, so that is good and bad.
No Christmas for me today, but like you, I will be glued to the TV tonight, and I believe too and hope things will get better and better for all of us.

I am reorganizing my CRAFT room, what a job !!! Went at lunch today to Target and bought a couple new shelving units, which I need badly. So, that will be my night, and I may be up all night, cause I really want it done !!!!! I can always sleep late tomorrow. Family outing tomorrow, a street rod run in a local park, then Sunday with friends to see a play downtown, DRACULA, which Im exicted about and then dinner out.
I hope to take off Monday and put my new Craft area to work !!

StressLess

Retire Member
Jun 4, 2008
Memphis TN
Hi Everyone!

At first, I did not have much planned for today other than making sure I had enough Christmas cards. But, I was listening to the radio today and they announced that the Trans-Siberian Orchestra would be in town on Christmas Eve Eve (as they put it :haha: ). So I will be looking on You Tube to see if my husband, and daughters ( 7 and 4) would enjoy it. They have a good family deal on tickets. The tickets go on sale next week, so I have to make a decision soon. They sold out the last time they came. :slap:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Well today was a girl's shopping day... my mom, sister and niece (8 months) came to my town (2,5 hours drive away) and we went shopping and talking all day! It's the 1st time we ever do that the 3 (4) of us together!!

We had lunch there and DD joined us (she had a 2-hour break from college), and DH met us for (1/2 hour) lunch too!... only DS was missing (school). and then we had apple crumble and apple pie in the afternoon before they left for the drive back! It's really nice to have everyone together like that!

... and I bought a towel-thing that goes around the wet hair to put in DD's christmas stocking.