90 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS FUN

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Hey -- how did we get down to 90 days before Christmas? Did we lose a week somewhere? See how FAST the time goes? (Remember how SLOW the time went in August?) Anyway...... only 90 days!

Remember - yesterday I said I was going to Target and a Dollar store --- and then to another dollar store and A. C. Moore? Who was it who said that? Who thought they would have all that energy? I made it to the first two out of four. Then, I was too tired to continue. But... something is always better than nothing done, right?

Sometimes, Target has nothing I want in the dollar spot. This time it had lots of good stuff! More than I found at the dollar store this time. You never know!

Now I will put on QVC for background. I don't really like QVC's Christmas stuff much . Thank Goodness!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Tonight I plan to finish my 2nd elf quillow!! than on to more Christmas crafts!! yay!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I have laundry done, supper is made and will just need to be put in the oven (lasagna toss) and the cake is done. (Reeses)
So this a.m. I did outline my gifts and need to go thru it now and see what is already made and brought and go from there.

My sister stopped by this a.m. and might this afternoon again so can't leave my notes just laying around!!!!!!!!!!! I am in craft room and she will just look at all!

Going to try to find the book (I have TONS of Christmas type craft books and magazines) that had a candy wreath in it. The whole wreath has candy tied on it and then has curly ribbon for bows. You attach a pair of scissors for cutting off the candy. Hoping to get some bags of assorted Halloween candy for 1/2 or cheaper when on sale after Halloween and then making the wreath to take to work for first of December and hang it over the copy room door for co-workers. THEY LOVE THEIR SNACKS!!!

So I better keep a moving.

dreamto

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
So far today I have gone to the Dr for my flu shot. Then came home and have been listening to QVC while I clean house. I may have to head in to town (abt 30 miles). I also still have to pack for a business trip (leaving toorrow).

So QVC may be the only Christmas thing I get to do today. But I really enjoy watching the decorating items they have!!!!!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I didn't get any Christmas done today but I did get some more Halloween put up outside. My dad and I put up my ghost circle and a scarecrow. All I have left to do is get some pumpkins and make a scarecrow for my front porch.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I worked today, and then went to my mom's to help set up for our 10 family yard sale tomorrow and Saturday. I hope to make enough money off of it to finance the Boo!Bash2, and I have a lot of kids' clothes, so here's hoping!!

Nothing Christmas related, despite the fact that today is Rudolph Day! I'm slipping..and there's only 2 more until Christmas! :thud:

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
I too didn't get around to doing anything Christmassy. An old friend came to see me and we spent 4 hour catching up before i had to go and get my daughter from school. It was lovely although later in the day I did feel guilty that I didn't get much done.

I did manage to watch a couple of hours of QVC doues that count?

:frosty:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Snowbelle -- I think you had a REALLY Christmassy day! Christmas is about friends and family -- and you had a magnificent "friends" day! Plus- you examined lots of Christmas things - and probably picked up ideas - from OVC! That was a wonderful Rudy Day.

I learned a "decorating" idea from watching QVC yesterday. I was watching the "Valerie" show -- sales of all kinds of household items, designed by valerie. She seems to do everything - quilts, serving dishes, Christmas lamps, wreaths, table decorations, etc. I had the volume turned off, because I didn't want to listen to the constant "sales pitch". So I would read a little on the computer and then, look up and watch the decorated items being presented.

With the sound turned off, I could concentrate on the visuals. I was AMAZED at how hard the support crew at QVC worked - during each brief break, they carried off ALL the items being shown, and carried in the new items! The basic QVC set remained clean and clear -- not "full" of beautiful, new items. The set was very basic and peaceful -- with only A FEW items showcased at a time.

I think this is an important decorating rule for us. QVC really wants to sell ALL of these beautiful items! But they keep 99% of them out of sight at any given time.

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
I did get most of my cards addressed yesterday during down time. I ran out of cards. Brought some more with me to work today. Couldn't sew last night; hurts to sit. I think I'll get up and walk around a little bit before I tackle those cards. :grin: And get another cup of coffee. It's Friday and I'm tired!! :rotflol:

:bigsnow:

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
You guys are doing such amazing things. I feel like I'm getting nothing accomplished. I've been dealing with a wisdom tooth plus working non-stop. I'm going to take some time this morning to get prioritized. (right after I finish going through these posts.)