91 Days of Christmas Fun

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
Only 91 days to go now.

What will you be doing to celebrate some Christmas magic today?

Personally, I am going to go out to town for lunch today (forgot to make lunch last night so need to buy something to eat anyway), and wander into the large Department store to see if their Christmas display is up yet (they usually put it up early in a back corner out of the way) - I know I need a couple of ornaments but I won't necessarily buy them yet.

I also want to get to the kitchen supplies shop and buy some large kilner type jars - I got a couple of new recipes for schnapps type drinks (infusions involving gin and vodka with fruit - I don't have brewing eequipment, but infusions I can do), so I want to get those going in the next couple of weeks (they take about 60 days, but the longer they are left maturing, the better! Apparently).

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Today is Grandparents for Lunch day at DGS's school. Any time with him is like Christmas to me. So that will probably be my Christmas fun. :haha:

:bigsnow:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Christmas Fun. I think it is SO nice that we get to plan FUN for ourselves.

We attend a birthday dinner for a 10-year old tomorrow. (We wrap up dollar-store presents for the 8 year-old brother to open also.) So... today I will treat myself to a shopping excursion - to the dollar store. The one next door to Target. Then - after a rest break, I will head over to A. C. Moore and the dollar store next to it. This will be a lot of fun for me!

At 3:00, I pick up the grandchildren and take them to their first soccer practice of the fall. The practice is at a beautiul park, with picnic benches for the parents and grandparents to relax on. Then - home for dinner, homework and baths. I am having absolutely no trouble falling asleep five minutes after the grandchildren are safely asleep.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Finished my elf quillow last night (well, it didn't EXACTLY turn out as a quillow but more like a quilt in a pillow)... got to start the 2nd one today.

Found a "crochet holly stocking" pattern today on internet and got the wool to make it... might just have time to do this before Xmas this year!

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I bought two Christmas gifts today! Yay!! I found the backpacks that I wanted for the boys on sale at Target for 75% off! That's $25 backpacks for $6 each! My friend who does machine embroidery will stitch their names on them before Christmas.

That was some Christmas fun!! And, since Target has a Starbucks in it..I treated myself to a Pumpkin Spice latte! Oh, yea, it was a good day!