93 DAYS OF FUN

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
It is Monday, September 22nd. YOU are entitled to have some Christmas fun today!

Of course, it IS Monday. So you are entitled to be modest in your goals, if you wish.

Think about it. What gift of Christmas fun will you give to yourself today?

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Re: 93 DAYS OF FU

Started my quillow yesterday (with an elf on the pillow) .... hope to work on that tonight.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!

I collected some brochures at lunchhour for us to look through tonight - after the bad summer, we want a vacation soon after Christmas, and are debating whether to get some sun or try our hand at skiing (perhaps even with the toddler :help: ). But even just the pictures of snow cheered me up coming back to the desk!! :bigsnow: :bigsnow: :bigsnow:

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN

maybe I'll go to Dollar General at lunch and buy another Christmas snowman something....even if it is just a dish towel or another potholder!!

:bigsnow:

starflake

Retire Member
Jan 10, 2008

It's the first day of Autumn, too, so this is an especially festive day. :jack:

I'll be giving a Christmas present to myself: a trip to the library to pick up a handful of good books -- quite a few in honor of Banned Books Week.

"To choose a good book, look in an inquisitor’s prohibited list." ~John Aikin

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, 'This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know,' the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything—you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him."
~Robert A. Heinlein

:geek:

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri

I'm relaxing and cleaning at least one kid's room today. I need to go through my closet and separate all the elf stuff from the gifts and the decorations. Then i'll know where I stand and what I still need to get. I'm out of good books to read so i'll also be looking at the online catalog for my local library and searching for new books to reserve.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer

I need to get some ideas down on paper of what I'd like for Christmas. That way when people ask "What would you like for Christmas" I can hand them some ideas instead of saying "nothing or anything". If they ask, I think the least I can do is give them some ideas. I know when I ask that question, I'm disappointed when I don't get a tangible answer.

GC from Ancestry.com
License plate frame for my car
GC from Archiver's
GC from Caribou Coffee
Inserts for Aerogarden (Basil, Seed Starter or Flowers)
Simple Abundance book
Car Wash tokens
Turbo Tax Program
Virus Program for Computer
Epson Premium Photo Paper, Glossy, 4x6
All white kitchen towels

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I am working from home today, so I am taking frequent breaks to celebrate the first day of fall! I got my fall tree partially decorated yesterday, and I plan to work on the mantle this afternoon. I am also drinking coffee with pumpkin spice creamer in it...it's the International Delight brand, and I don't like it as much as the Coffeemate brand, but this is all Target had this weekend. I compensate by adding a dollop of Hershey's Dulce de Leche syrup to my cup! Delicious!

I scored big last night! My brother's hydrangea bush was loaded with huge, beautiful, multi-colored and partially dried blooms...I cut 13 stems and have them hanging in the laundry room, drying. So gorgeous! They will make stunning autumn and Christmas arrangements! They would have been beautiful wedding bouquets too, but "our" wedding has been cancelled. I'm not upset-that's a GOOD thing in my opinion, but I was enjoying the preparations! Oh, well...the sweetest bride is too beautiful to not find someone else BETTER very soon!!

Happy First Day of Fall, everyone!! Go out and celebrate!!! It's 85 degrees here today...not too fall like outside, but it is nice and colorful inside!!

mrspaul

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
my christmas fun was over the weekend at the hallmark store. they have a christmas ornament there that is a mountain and a train goes round and round, it plays "I will be home for christmas" - but it costs $44.00 !! I love the ornament. So my fun was pushing the on buton over and over and over and over again.

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN

Pam Spaur said:
maybe I'll go to Dollar General at lunch and buy another Christmas snowman something....even if it is just a dish towel or another potholder!!

Ok, I did go to $ General on my lunch. My fave DG has all the Christmas stuff out I believe. Since I love snowmen (but not snow), I bought a resin statue of one. I got some mini stocking to put some gift cards in, and a tree skirt. I was a happy camper.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Ahorsesoul, I will start making my list of wanted Xmas gifts too! good idea!

Cathymac, sorry about the wedding (but as I can see it's for the best).

Deckr8r

Retire Member
Jun 22, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
mrspaul said:
my christmas fun was over the weekend at the hallmark store. they have a christmas ornament there that is a mountain and a train goes round and round, it plays "I will be home for christmas" - but it costs $44.00 !! I love the ornament. So my fun was pushing the on buton over and over and over and over again.
:rotflol: :rotflol: Thanks, I needed that.

sunflower

Retire Member
Sep 18, 2008
I was sewing Christmas stockings for an organization that will give them out to children. My Christmas gift to myself, knowing that they will make a child happy on Christmas morning. :bigsnow:

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
I went shopping at my local shopping mall, to look at all the Christmas and Halloween things and to see if anything new has appeared. Also stopped off at Starbucks for a latte.

:flower:

peppermint pattie

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
I don't have a starbucks near me. I looked to see if the flavored coffemates were out. I didn't see any. I didn't get much done yesterday. Maybe I will today. I need a new tree but the only place I've seen one out so far cracker barrel and it was loaded with ornaments. I want to go to a store Iknow of in another town to look. With gas prices it's not always easy to do.