94 Days of Fun

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
We love Christmas and many other magical holidays. I hope you get some beautiful, peaceful time today to enjoy happy memories and/or make happy plans! Just for you. What does make you happy?

Of course, coming here is a great source of happiness and contentment. AND - remember there is a chat this week. Be sure to get your posts in at My Merry Christmas! (Is it 30 posts we need?) That will admit you to the secure chat room where we can chat without being teased and harassed by people who think it is fun to tease and annoy other people!

Now, I am rushing off to do last-minute things for my brunch this morning! Attending a party last night, and trying to finish up things this morning, reminds me how busy and tired we get during the holiday season. So much to do - so little time! That is why we are here - using the next 94 days!!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
It's 25 posts over at My Merry Christmas. :)

Today I think i'll watch How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I found it at a garage sale yesterday for $2 for a VHS tape. It's not the cartoon one. I'll also be going through my last box of Halloween stuff and deciding where to put it all. Then Addison and I will enjoy some outside time on my freshly cleaned back porch.

Edited to add: I ended up whipping up a batch of sugar cookie dough. My first batch of the year. I love sugar cookies. I'm going to make these into leaf shapes and outline the edges with orange sparkly icing that I found in an easy to use tube at Walmart. I also have ham and beans cooking on the stove and boy do they smell wonderful!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I guess I'll have to go out this afternoon. It's sunny and cool! However, yesterday I finished my second elf ornament! yay!

I got out some recipes but it's too nice out... another time!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
OK friends, my Christmas brunch is over!!!

It is a beautiful, beautiful day. We sat outside. (The kids stayed inside, playing a football game on playstation. Hey - I just tell you this to remind you that nobody is perfect. Yes, it might have been healthier for the kids to have their parents playing ball with them. But the parents seemed to really need the relaxation of sipping mimosas and bellenis and as much coffee as they wanted -- and chatting comfortably. The parents went back to their endless lists of responsibilities soon enough!)

Tons of food was eaten, by adults and kids. (My kitchen was a pretty catastrophic mess - but nobody cared!)

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
SparkleNana, glad your party was a success and the weather was nice. It is pretty nice here. Stormed during the night. I am breaking from cleaning the pantry. Took everything out and now putting it back with the stuff from yesterday. Hate when I go thur and have to pitch stuff. Found some stuff to take to freezer to store.

Hope everybody is enjoying their nice weather if they have it.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
We had a wonderful church service this morning, full of inspirational music and a great message from our pastor, then I treated my family to lunch out with an unexpected windfall (tiny little windfall!) Now DH and I are watching a football game on tv, the kids are doing their things, and I'm sipping a cup of coffee with pumpkin spice creamer in it. The sun si peeking through the gray clouds occasionally, but the clouds are keeping it nice and cool today. In a few minutes (when the game is over) I'm going to walk down to my brother's house and clip his drying hydrangeas from the bush...he's recently divorced and won custody of the hydrangrea bush. When I asked him if I could have the blooms, he said "what's a hydrangea?" so I feel comfortable that he doesn't want the blooms. I sure do...they are gorgeous, and will make a fine autumn arrangement, which will then seque into a stunning Christmas arrangement with the addition of some gold glitter! Lovely, lovely day!

iluv2scrap

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Michigan
www.facebook.com
Sparklenana, i'm so glad you had such a nice party today.

Lana, i need to clean out my refrigerator and check dates, i also hate throwing away stuff, i would like to clean it out tomorrow since its garbage night, then make an inventory so i can use up what i have and list what i need.

Cathymac, your arrangement idea sounds lovely.

StressLess

Retire Member
Jun 4, 2008
Memphis TN
I'll be cranking up the Christmas 365 while doing some surfing today. I have finished putting up my fall decorations which my little ones love. I plan to pull out my Terry's Village catalog again and get the warm fuzzies and narrow down my choices. :grin:

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Cathymac, that arrangement does sound pretty. GREAT to get 2 seasons with it too!!! My grandparents use to have those bushes years ago. We would hide behind them (they were against the house) for hide and seek.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
:flower: Funny this is the topic of today. When I awoke very early this morning I made myself a cup of hot chocolate and sat out on my balcony to watch the sun finish rising. It was very quiet and peaceful. I watched the squirrels run around... didn't see as many as I usually see. My mums were looking perky too. More and more flowers are opening everyday. After sitting out there for a bit I started thinking of other things I'd like to do - taking time out for myself. So I wrote down a few things and then penciled them on my calendar. Then I went inside and spent a couple of hours cleaning my master bedroom. Later I took my nieces and nephews to the farm to pick apples. It was Johnny Appleseed Day. The kids had a blast - and so did I. :flower: