95 DAYS OF FUN

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Ready for fun today? What will you do?

We are invited to a small dinner party today at 4:00. The hours are "4:00 to sunset". It is an outdoor party and the weather is beautiful. Aren't those hours different and very nice? Of course, I am secretly pretending that it is a Christmas party. I am pretty sure this family returns to their home country to celebrate Christmas with their extended family. This is another family that I originally had to our house for a small dinner party, to meet some neighbors - with my poor husband complaining bitterly the whole time that he "did not like to entertain". Of course, now he loves this family and is really looking forward to tonight -- although he still hates to entertain!

This morning, I started roasting the turkey breasts for tomorrow's brunch. I discovered that these turkey breasts have those pop-up things that tell you when they are fully cooked! Hurray! I also found the fabulous Apple Cakes at Whole Food grocery - for half price. So I bought two. I have also decided to have Mimosas in addition to orange juice, bottled waters, coffee, tea, and various children's drinks. So I will start a list. Champagne, OJ, cream for coffee, sodas, bottled waters. Napkins, paper plates, coffee cups. I still think that I can do this for under $100 - since those turkey breasts were on sale for $1 a pound. And I have lots of delicious ground coffees already in my refrigerator, from a gift.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Sounds like you have a nice plan and a head start on tom..

I was doing some more apple pie filling and was going to shop later but now my great aunt has a flat and I have to take the tire to get fixed so will go shop now.

Crafts later, I am hoping. BUT my plans always get changed so...........

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Lana - you are so sweet to do this for your great-aunt. Was she good to you when you were growing up? Or do you just believe in doing nice things for family?

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Well, we live in a small town (I am in the country) of about 650 and she is my grandpas sister. Her husband died over 23 yrs. ago and they had no kids. My grandpa, dad and grandma died in "05 14 wks apart and she was always with grandpa doing stuff so now we do for her if it something she needs. She is 78 and drives and very active yet. Had a knee replacement last yr so we mow her big yard, then my moms (large) and the old home place of my grandpas parents and it is huge. Family has to help family is my thinking.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
This morning I made a couple of fall banners-one for the mantle and one that says "Welcome" for the front door. Then I watched the Arkansas Razorbacks get slaughtered by the Alabama Crimson Tide on tv...that was ugly!!

Tonight we are meeting DH's sisters and nieces for an 18th birthday party for his oldest niece. She is a freshman in college and doing great. We are meeting at my favorite Mexican resturant, and I shall have fajita chicken nachos and cheese dip, and not worry one little whit about the calories, fat grams or carbs! Plus, in solidarity for my team, I'm wearing a white long sleeved tee shirt and Razorback red earrings and ring with my black capris. So there, Tide!!

Can't wait to see what everyone else is up to this weekend.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Today I finished cutting the flowers for fall. Got the wood for winter, groceries and....

yay!!! I was able to get free tickets ($4 adm fee per ticket) for Le Cirque du Soleil http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/CirqueDuSoleil/en/default.htm. They are having a special free presentation for Quebec city's 400th anniversary (usually their tickets start at $60.... and go up!. I got 4 which is perfect. None of the neighbors I talked to were able to get any (we could get them by phone, internet or in person - 7000 people were waiting in line). Max 4 tickets per person. 33,000 tickets to give.

Yesterday I finished my 1st Elf ornament too!

Tonight might finish my 2nd??

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
My best friend gave a party (kind of naughty theme) for 'girls' only (No men allowed). It was so much fun. We played all sorts of games. We also had great food, drinks and deserts. To top it all off, the weather was perfect, very comfortable.