96 DAYS OF FUN

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Remember, YOU are entitled to have Christmas fun today. If the only thing you are able to do for Christmas today is to read posts at MHH -- well, then enjoy that thoroughly!

If you are able to do some more for the holidays - hurray! And share with us when you have time!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Today - I will begin preparing for my Christmas party - which will be on SUNDAY!

What happened?

Yesterday, my husband told me that he will be playing golf on Sunday - which is supposed to be beautiful weather.

i immediately decided to have a brunch on Sunday. (As you know, my husband HATES to entertain. Except on rare occasions, when he thinks it is actually a good idea to invite people.) So I often entertain while he is happily away for the day playing golf with his buddies. That way, we both have a wonderful day.

I NEED a happy-party-time. The economic news is terrible. The political news is painful - with all the attacking each other. I need something to remind me that life IS fun and good.

Besides, a new grandchild will be born into our family in November. Life is already busy for everyone. So - along with the new baby - the usual after-school sports; weekend birthday parties to be shopped for and driven to; weddings and showers and Christmas parties and programs at school - everything will go on as usual. So - it is better to do the Christmas party now, when I can enjoy it!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Will I tell the guests that it is a Christmas party - on September 21st?

No. I'm just sharing that with my Magical Holiday Home family. The guests will just think it is Sunday brunch.

But - I am going to read up on the Christmas morning recipes here - and have fun experimenting. AND get my Christmas cleaning and declutering done - in the public rooms. YES - the door to the stash-and-dash-room will be LOCKED for the party.

I'll be back later to let you now how things are going!

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I am planning a bit of Christmas fun - sort of - for tomorrow. My uncle is moving house and asked for :help: , so he has roped in all the family and their muscles and cars. So it will be the first time in a while I'll have seen everyone. While it may be a hard physical work day, I sacrificed the half batch of chocolate chip cookie dough I had destined for the freezer and baked those last night. I will bring those in my car to eat with a cup of coffee/tea when we arrive at his new house. I won't say that these are my Christmas cookies, but I'll know!! :grin:

(I might also get a few leftover cardboard boxes after unpacking - saving him from bringing them all to the dump - to put on my vegetable garden for the winter to keep the weeds down!! All in a good cause!!) ;-)

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Inviting and cleaning will go on today. So far, I am inviting by telephone AND dropping off invitation cards, if they live nearby. So far - it is about 90% acceptance rate. In December, people are so much busier!

Tomorrow will be shopping for food, and cooking..

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Well, my christmas fun will be here at MHH today... but you gals have fun!

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
My Christmas fun today? I had ordered a power snow shovel for my sweetie for Christmas. It came this past Monday. I left it here at the office with plans to take it home this weekend. However, he is off today, and doesn't live too far from my office. So I called him and said I wanted him to keep something for me, and I'd meet him behind his house. He was waiting for me (there is an alley behind his property, and his garage is in back by the alley). I got this humongous box out of my car. "What is that?" "You'll see."

Then I gave it to him and said, "Merry Christmas, Babe!" He was pretty excited.....for him. He thought that might come in handy. And the reason I gave it to him early is twofold: I don't have room to store it and we generally get a whonkin' good snow before Christmas. Since he is a heart patient (even tho he is good as new after surgery last year) and I don't want to take any chances, I thought this might be a good thing for him to have.

So THAT is my Christmas for today. :haha:

:bigsnow:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Pam - what a wonderful, thoughtful gift you gave! That showed so much love and care! :cloudnine:

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Pam Spaur said:
My Christmas fun today? I had ordered a power snow shovel for my sweetie for Christmas. It came this past Monday. I left it here at the office with plans to take it home this weekend. However, he is off today, and doesn't live too far from my office. So I called him and said I wanted him to keep something for me, and I'd meet him behind his house. He was waiting for me (there is an alley behind his property, and his garage is in back by the alley). I got this humongous box out of my car. "What is that?" "You'll see."

Then I gave it to him and said, "Merry Christmas, Babe!" He was pretty excited.....for him. He thought that might come in handy. And the reason I gave it to him early is twofold: I don't have room to store it and we generally get a whonkin' good snow before Christmas. Since he is a heart patient (even tho he is good as new after surgery last year) and I don't want to take any chances, I thought this might be a good thing for him to have.

So THAT is my Christmas for today. :haha:

:bigsnow:

Awww that is so sweet.