97 DAYS OF FUN

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
How are you going to get your Christmas fun today?

Will you plan it? Or will it just pop up?

Will it involve satisfaction from doing some Christmas chore?

Or will it be gratefully enjoying one of the miracles of daily life?

:bigsnow:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I guess today the only Christmas fun I'll get is here on MHH.... I've got to work all day, then a meeting with the labor union, and I'll get home late....

So HAPPY to have you guys to brighten up the day!! :grin:

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
I know there are lots of things for Christmas I should be doing. But after working all day, and being under the weather all week, I'll probably just crash when I go home. So in between things here at work, I'll hop onto MHH and get my Christmas fix that way (she said with a sheepish grin on her face). :haha:

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
I too will get my Christmas fix here at MHH. I haven't been managing to visit as often as I would like (at least once a day preferably)as life has been getting in the way.

I have just finished cleaning my master bedroom as part of the HHP, so although that is something I'm doing as part of my Christmas Plan it's not exactly exciting. Have to say though, I'm pleased I'm managing to keep on track with organising things for the big day.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I am coloring my hair today! And, in honor of Christmas and the turning of the leaves, it'll be red after today!! Joyeux Noel, indeed!! By the way...it's gray right now...in the right light it looks really really blond, but in reality, it's gray!!

Debbieoz

Retire Member
May 21, 2008
Rural Kansas
I finished my christmas card list on the computer this morning. I plan on quilting this afternoon. I want to make quilts as gifts this year.

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
I just emailed my friends for our Christmas Friends Dinner, we need to pick a date and location so we can get a reservation. We do this instead of exchanging gifts and it is a great time- getting it reserved early is a bonus :flower:

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I finished Mistletoe Murder by Leslie Meier this morning. Great book! Her's always are though. I really should do something today holiday related, whether it's Christmas or Halloween. Halloween is fast approaching and I need to go through my decorations and figure out where everything is going to go and what I need to get. Or I could start on a fall throw with the 6 yards of fall fabric I purchased a couple weeks ago.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
My Christmas fun for today will probably consist of picking up a stocking stuffer while at the grocery store tonight...

I plan to make a late night run to Meijer after everything else is taken care of! Dog trainer is coming over tonight, plus dinner, plus several phone calls that need to be made...the hours slip away so fast!

cmerth

Premiere Member
Dec 19, 2007
thetilteditalian.com
I am planning to work on gifts today (birthday and Christmas). I finished a scarf last night (Christmas gift for my Grandma) and started another scarf. I am not sure who to give the new scarf to-- would keep it for myself but I don't wear purple.

I have been working on my Christmas blog a lot-- I started a 100 countdown to Christmas. Writing on the blog keeps me in the spirit of Christmas.

Deckr8r

Retire Member
Jun 22, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I'm have fun on ebay buying stuff for my dad and his wife (they married when they were both 80! they are cute) Every Christmas I pick a theme and make them a gift basket and this year it's Dutch. I'm finding some very fun stuff. Full of holiday joy here! :haha:

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
I actually did do something for Christmas today. In our family, we decided this year to draw a name and fill a stocking, with a limit of $20. I got my oldest son, and I know I've gone overboard on him, but it has been a really rough couple of years for him. Anyway, he is a die hard Colts fan, and I went into Walgreens on my lunch hour and bought a pair of work type gloves in Colts blue with the horseshoe emblem on them. I had also thought of getting him a gift card to AutoZone, but I think that would put me WAAAAAAAAY over the limit. :rotflol: anyhoo, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!

P.S. I found a list today that I made over a month ago and forgot about it. It's projects to wind up (like finish putting the cross stitch ornaments together for grandkids!) :rotflol:

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I'm now a redhead (again!!)!! And boy, is it RED right now! It'll fade quickly...it always does. Got it done just in time to start my new job-tomorrow, I just found out! whoo hoo!!!

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Cathymac said:
I'm now a redhead (again!!)!! And boy, is it RED right now! It'll fade quickly...it always does. Got it done just in time to start my new job-tomorrow, I just found out! whoo hoo!!!

Congrats on the job! I was born a redhead, and now have help from Colorsilk. For some reason, the red dye doesn't stick to the hairshaft like other colors. I would protest, but by the time I would get any attention, I'd definitely be totally gray. My mom said that redheads gray prematurely. Must be right, because I had my first gray hair at age 6!!! Really!

Cathymac, what will you be doing at the new job where you will WOW everyone with your new look?

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Cathymac - please be gentle to yourself as you learn your new job. Every single thing is going to be new - and will take energy to learn. It takes a huge amount of energy to adjust to everything being new. Soon enough, things will become routine. So - don't try to do 100% of everything at home that you did before this new job started.

I LOVE new hair colors! Your red sounds great! I have occasionally let my hair grow in with its natural color -- and the universal reaction is - change that hair color again, please!

pkcrafty

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Central Arkansas
Met my holiday planning buddies for drinks and snacks (a once a week ritual), then we got out our planners and shared a few ideas and latest holiday purchases. Now I'm home and checking in on MHH!
:rudolph:

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
pkcrafty said:
Met my holiday planning buddies for drinks and snacks (a once a week ritual), then we got out our planners and shared a few ideas and latest holiday purchases. Now I'm home and checking in on MHH!
:rudolph:

That sounds so nice, I'm afraid I don't have any friends who are as crazy about Christmas as I am so I get my fix here at MHH! I love it here and am not happy if I don't get my daily dose.

:party:

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I managed to finish my blanket as a gift for an elderly aunt. and do a proper chores list from now to a couple of weeks beforehand - so the planning is well in hand.

I also started investingating getting MCR on the web - including asking DH how to get it on the wifi radio (once you have the station name, you get radio stations off the web through the wifi wireless broadband we use at home - apparently). I did get a roll of the eyes when I said WHAT radio station I was looking for it for!! :haha: He'll show me at the weekend how to do it though, he promises!!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
cmerth said:
I have been working on my Christmas blog a lot-- I started a 100 countdown to Christmas. Writing on the blog keeps me in the spirit of Christmas.

That's a great idea. Mind if I borrow your idea!? :flower: