A good reminder during the season....

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I stumbled across this today: http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/ ... ew=details

It is a stocking that children can hang for baby Jesus. It comes with cards that you fill with good deeds you have done and add them to his stocking.

Even if your family is not religious, the same sort of idea could be incorporated by having a stocking for a charity - perhaps you fill it with small toys during the season, or spare change which you then take to buy a present to donate for something like "Toys for Kids."

However you celebrate your holidays, I think a reminder of goodwill towards others will always match the decor. :-D

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
I have that exact stocking set! My Mom gave it to me several years ago for Christmas before I had kids. I think I am going to use it this year as my DD will be 3 and will have more understanding. I can't wait to do it!

Thanks for the reminder that I have it!

snowangel00

Santa's Elves
Oct 9, 2007
Winter Wonderland
I love that!!

Thank you for sharing.

Rackandrollgal

MHH Member
Dec 22, 2007
Great Smoky Mountains
We have a Jesus stocking that we've been hanging for about 4 years now. I not only use it for good deeds, but I add one thing I'm grateful for every day. I love it!!!

Belles

Retire Member
We have a stocking for Jesus also; each year we write a letter to God just to thank Him for all He has done or to tell Him how much he means to us. I usually include a prayer in my letter. Every two or tree years we take the letters out and read them and are amazed at how He has answered or how we've grown. One of my somes always puts a birthday card in the stocking.