A Night at the Oscars Birthday Party

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

traceteach

Retire Member
Jul 20, 2008
Hi everyone! This is my first ever post to this site. I just signed up today and am so excited! I saw this chat thread and thought I would share an idea I did for my little sister's 12th birthday party. We had a 'Night at the Oscars' party. All of the girls dressed up for the event. I purchased several feet of red bulletin board paper from our local teacher supply store. I used poster board and acrylic paints to create each a girl her very own star for our red carpet 'Walk of Fame'. We got movie posters from a local Blockbuster and strung white Christmas lights around them. We had a nice dinner (since the girls were all dressed up) and then we changed into PJs and had a wonderful slumber party with popcorn, etc. For the favors, I made little picture frames out of craft foam that looked like bags of popcorn.

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
Sounds like a fun party traceteach!

Tweens love to dress up and act like glamorous ladies! The red carpet was a great touch!

TFS! Nice to have you here!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Traceteach - that was a wonderful party! Wow! It is GREAT that you have joined! Please share lots of your ideas!