A rainy day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
It is raining here :rain: , a beautiful, soaking rain which is such a blessing here in western NC, we are in severe drought...got me thinking-what's your favorite way to spend a rainy day? :rain: (I love this little guy!) For me, it would be DH and DD at school, me off work, a book-or 3!, hot chocolate, popcorn, a nap, and a Christmas DVD...oooohh wish I was off tomorrow!

Deckr8r

Retire Member
Jun 22, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I love rainy days, but we don't get enough. Winter is our rainy season so it is colder and I just want to stay in my house and enjoy it by listening to it and watching it. Sometimes I stay sitting in the car to hear it better. And if we ever get lightning I really go nuts, we all stop what we're doing and watch it, but it is kinda rare here. I'm praying for rain this year so we will not have our water rationed next summer.

hollybow

Retire Member
May 19, 2008
I LOVE rainy days... gives me a good excuse to stay inside.. laying on the sofa with lot of cosy pillows and some tea... and with the sound of the falling rain on the roof......and I know I haven´t anything to do but listening to the rain... HEAVEN

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
It's raining here in Central NC too. Our weather man said that we haven't had measurable rain in 55 days. The kids and I have been waiting for a rain day all summer, now we're back to school. I would like to spend the rainy day inside crafting with the kids.

momtomaddie

Retire Member
Jul 17, 2008
East Central Indiana
I love rainy days. My favorite thing would be to lay on the couch, good comfy blanket and pillow and watch Disney movies all afternoon. The house I grew up in had a metal roof on the back part of the house, makes a beautiful sound when it was raining!

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Yesterday and today I had to turn the heat on in the car for my short drive to work. It has been in the mid 50s in the mornings, but goes up to 80 or so in the afternoon. This past Saturday it was HOT (90) and very humid. Hard-to-breathe-weather, is what I call it. I keep thinking fall is just around the corner. We could use a little rain, altho we are up for the year. :pink:

:bigsnow:

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
On a rainy day I like to lay around in my pj's order a pizza and watch movies. Sometimes when the mood hits me I will work on a craft like make a floral arrangement or something decorative for my apartment. Sometimes I like to color in a coloring book. I also like to do those Sudoku puzzles.

iluv2scrap

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Michigan
www.facebook.com
I love rainy days. Sometimes i will curl up and watch movies and snack , sometimes it gets me on a cleaning frenzy, lol...i usually like to bake a cake or pan of brownies on a rainy day.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Another rainy day fan here...we've had a ton of rain this summer. Very unusual August in Arkansas! It rained off and on all last week...after I got the kids off to school, I didn't mind a bit! I am like everyone else-a hot drink (coffee for me), a good book and an empty afternoon is blissful for me. I also like to sit on the back porch and watch it rain, coffee mug in hand, good book on the table, and the pups lying at my feet (or in my little Elvis' case, in my lap). If it's cool, I spread a fleecy throw across my legs.

Even on warm rainy days, I like to make a pot of soup for dinner, along with fresh bread or cornbread.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
It is pouring rain here and expected to continue all day. If I had the time today I would curl up on the couch with a blanket and a cup of tea and read!!

Maybe tomorrow!! :rain:

Melanie

ChristmasCheerleader

Retire Member
Jan 2, 2008
It's finally raining here is SW Virginia after 120 days with zero rain! I wish I could be at home as well. I would head to my studio, pop in a Chrismas CD and craft until I got hungry then head to the kitchen for some tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich. Then back to the studio, pop in Halloweentown or some other scary movie and craft some more!

I really had a hard time getting up this morning because of the wonderful sound of rain on the roof!

Hmmm.. I think I might have some hot chocolate here at work!

thechristmasnut

Retire Member
Jun 30, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
Today its raining and kind of cool here today. On rainy days I like to stay in watch some of my favorite movies (christmas ones of course) and work on Crafts. and on rainy days I usually put on some type of stew/soup or chilli.... Today Im going to make my favorite Brunswick Stew.... :eek:)

wadeallie

Premiere Member
Nov 26, 2007
Central Vermont
I'm like a "Walking and Talking Carpenters' song":

RAINY DAYS AND MONDAYS ALWAYS GET ME DOWN

When DH and I were first dating, his family owned a log cabin camp and hearing the rain patter on the tin roof and watching a roaring fire going in the fireplace, was the most comfort I have ever felt. Now though, a rainy day makes me drowsy and I don't ever seem to get things accomplished.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
First of all, I absolutely LOVE that song by Karen Carpenter! I had a record of that that I played over and over on my record player when I was little! (My grandpa bought me a player and gave some of his records one year...so fun!)

Anyways - rainy days do make me sleepy - but I love them!

Another memory from early childhood - my favorite, favorite show used to be Reading Rainbow. And I especially remember an episode all about rainy days.

A very young Levar Burton (the host) talked about the things it was good to do on a rainy day: Bake chocolate chip cookies, play board games, work on a Rubix Cube (ha!) and of course, read books! It's funny how that episode sticks in my mind, the way the set was decorated, everything.

Anyways again!

My favorite rainy day activities now include lighting a yummy smelling candle, playing some great music (Christmas or otherwise), baking something (thank you Levar!) and napping on the couch while an old movie is playing...

:rain:

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I see LOTS and LOTS of rain. But mostly little piddly bits that just make you damp but doesn't stop anyone from doing anything.

A couple of weeks ago though, there was torrential rain at lunchtime and I had nothing with me (unusual but I was presed for time that morning). So I HAD to go out and buy lunch. Well, under my great big golf umbrella, it was such a PLEASURE to walk across the park from my office to the shopping street. The rain was pounding down and making lovely noises in itself, drowning out the traffic noises (always a blessing), and it seemed to scare most other folks into staying at their desks because the park was so quiet and peaceful.
I had wet legs and shoes all afternoon, but I kicked off my shoes under the desk and smiled all afternoon from the few minutes lovely peace I'd had in the rain.

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
We will be having rain for the next several days here in East Central Indiana. We need it, even tho we are up for the year. And it was nice to be awakened during the night to hail. :haha: By Sunday night, we should have the rains from Hurricane Ike. And with it raining all weekend, maybe that will encourage me to stay home and work on my Christmas stuff. :grin: Have a great Friday, Everyone!!

:bigsnow:

iluv2scrap

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Michigan
www.facebook.com
It's been raining here all morning. Went out earlier, hit the bakery and treated myself to a yellow cupcake with the most delicious icing, yummy. Went to Sears and hit the clearance jackpot, on my way out of the store, i put on my hood and was heading to my car, and passed a man heading in and i smiled at him and said isn't it just beautiful and he just laughed at me, lol. The only bad thing was the crazy drivers flying thru the standing water on the roads. Now i'm home enjoying some college football. I made little biscuit pizzas to munch on during the game and i'm catching up here. Sometimes i love a rainy day. :rain: