Access to MHH

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Some of our regular posters are not being able to get to MHH.

One member emailed me and said she has checked out everything on her side.

Is there anything that can be done on this side?

Annie

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
i have no idea why they are suddenly experiencing problems...no settings have been changed or anything. I will ask Jeff and see if he has any idea as to why this might be happening.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I had the same problem and still haven't figured it out. I know it's not my computer. Something changed suddenly in my router/modem (we didn't change anything) or with the site that made my router/modem not allow me on the site or it can't find it and I can't access the site on my home network either. Right now i'm using someone else's network that I pick up wirelessly from my home. Every time I try on my network I get a Oops, this link appears to be broken message and there's nothing else I can do.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I had the problem but only one morning... it said link broken and I didn't change anything. I tried passing by other sites to get here.. but nothing doing and not just for the forum.. for the general MHH - home too. It came back all by itself without my doing anything.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I also tried getting here through other routes with no luck and couldn't get on the homepage either.

charscorner

Retire Member
Jan 7, 2010
I'm another one who has been unable to access the forum. This problem started for me on Sunday and finally this evening I could access it. We have had no other computer problems so this definitely has been peculiar to MHH. I sure have missed the forum and am so glad all is well again.

Charlotte

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Glad you made it back Charlotte (love that name!). A few others are missing... Sparklenana, Lisa, etc... hope they come back soon!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I received an email from teachermomof2 (Lisa) and she said she is still unable to access MHH.
And she is not wireless.

She said they have checked everything and have a call into their internet provider.

She misses us terribly and wants to chat with everyone.

:(

I hope she and SparkleNana get back soon.

Annie

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Belles if it's the same problem I had... they just can't access at all.

Pumpkinpie

Retire Member
Jan 13, 2010
FL
I've been able to access MHH, but sometimes I have to log in 2 or more times. Even after I've logged in, when I go to post, I'll have to log in a 2nd time.?? Is that normal?

Mrs. Soup, are you using a neighbor's wireless network with permission?

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Belles- Like luludou said, I believe that members can't log on from whatever computer they are on.

That's why yesterday Lisa was able to check in from her mother's house.

I wish I had an email address for SparkleNana- I would check in with her and see if she is having the same problem.

Pumpkinpie- I'm not sure if the problems you are experincing are typical or not.

Annie

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Thanks, jinglemom! I emailed the link to teachermomof2!

Annie

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I emailed teachermomof2 and gave her the link that jinglejo provided.

She replied back that she tried all of those things and nothing worked.

:(

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Problem with Boards

I do not have a clue what the recent log in problems could be resulting from. Please if you know others having the problem....list their names in this thread and I will send Jeff a message over at the Merry Forums. ....

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I wasn't able to get on here for months and months. I was getting ready to delete this site from my favorites one day and poof, here I am. Something has changed to make others not be able to get one here. May be something the tech people did.

I know I was unable to even register as a new person when I was having my trouble. It was madding.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
The three I know of are:

SparkleNana
MrsSoup
teachermomof2

Annie

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I have sent Jeff a message...I really don't think anything has changed tech wise so I haven't a clue why they would have trouble all of the sudden.