Access to MHH

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Okay...I checked the members...Sparklenana, Mrs Soup, and teachermomof2 and nothing seems amiss with their member settings...I see from reading the thread that some can't access because it says the link is broken...I have no idea why that would be coming up...so idk...will keep checking and see if Jeff has any idea.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Hi! I AM SO HAPPY TO BE BACK! It is quite embarassing.... the way I got back! (Blush, blush: here goes!)

I have internet service through Verizon-FIOS. (Internet, cable TV and telephone.) Here is the blushing part: I did not pay my bill for two months.... so service was shut off on all service!

The TV's got a sign saying (call customer service) -- meaning "pay your bill". The computers got a sign saying the same thing. AND... the telephone service was cut off..... EXCEPT for (1) you could call 911.. and (2) you could connect to Verizon-FIOS Customer Service by phone and PAY THE BILL. Which I did.

Very quickly.... TV and internet service was turned back on. (Telephone service took over six hours to be restored.)

AND.... I could get back onto Magical Holiday Home after this Turn-Service-Off and then Turn-Service-On thing. Go figure.

Before that -- I had some really really expert computer people check things out and they said the problem was with MHH being "down" (which was not true.) Even using other people's computers wouldn't work. Sigh.

I am very happy to be back.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Well one way or the other we are GLAD you are back...have no idea what this glitch is...

charscorner

Retire Member
Jan 7, 2010
I also am wondering about this glitch. This is the third week that it has hit me. All three times it started on Sunday evening. The first week I was unable to access for three days. The second time was only one day but again this week it has taken nearly three days. This is the only site affected. Everything else is functioning just fine.

Charlotte

charscorner

Retire Member
Jan 7, 2010
Problem resolved!

Okay, I appear to be back now with the access problem resolved!!! I should have contacted my techie son long ago as he was able to resolve this issue rather easily today.

There was an ip configuration error. As my son explained it to this non-techie mom, my computer had cached an old ip number and apparently the MHH server's ip number had changed. The conflict of ip numbers was causing a denial of access for me.

This may also be the problem for teachermomof2 and MrsSoup. If someone has a means of contacting them perhaps someone on their side could help them check to see if this is also their problem.

I am in happy zone once more thanks to my techie son!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Charscorner -- thank you for raising such a smart son -- and for passing his message on to us! Hurray!

Luludou -- thank you for passing this information on to our beloved -- and missing -- MHH Family Members!

charscorner

Retire Member
Jan 7, 2010
Thanks, Sparklenana. He is an intelligent boy who always has had good analytical abilities and loves computers. He went on to get a bachelor's degree in computers so understands lots.

I hope this new info can help others who like me have been denied access to this forum.

Charlotte

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I hope this works to bring teachermomof2 and MrsSoup back!! And any others........

Annie

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I don't know what happened as to why I couldn't get on. I happened to try it this morning and it worked. Hopefully it will last. I'll remember the IP thing in case it happens again. However, I did clear all my cookies and cached files and such so that shouldn't have mattered. I don't know. I just hope it keeps working!

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I want to tell you all that I contacted HP and my ISP and neither could fix the problem, so it must be something here at MHH. I sure hope that I'm able to continue to access the site forever! I couldn't even get to magicalholidayhome.com so...I'm thankful to be back and want to thank you all for your efforts!