Act of Faith -- I Bought Hot Chocolate Today

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Yes, I know it is August.

But -- soon -- there will come a night when you feel a little chilled, a little tired, and in need of comfort. And if you have a package of hot chocolate in your cupboard, you can make some for yourself! And you can settle down, under a blanket, and wrap your hands around the nice warm cup. You don't have to think at all. You can just feel cozy. And sip the delicious chocolate. And know that you are cherished, and loved. :grouphug:

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
Sigh...you just don't know how much I am looking forward to that!! Come on fall! :jack:

ChristmasCheerleader

Retire Member
Jan 2, 2008
We were just talking about that today at work! Good book, fresh doughnut, cup of hot chocolate, doesn't get much better than that!

ETA- Yes it could get better, it could be snowing!

knl81

Retire Member
Aug 9, 2008
ooohhhh..I am looking forward to cooler weather, but I think I can wait for the snow.

What I am looking forward to is hot cider with a cinnamon stick!!!! (along with my favorite fuzy blanket and a novel!!)

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I bought a canister of hot chocolate mix at the grocery store Friday night...just in case!

I'm actually anxiously awaiting Starbuck's Pumpkin Spice Lattes to be out for the season-I treat myself to one a week! Sometimes I get it after I drop the kids off at school in the morning, but if it's cool or rainy, I get one on the way to pick them up at 3 pm!

It shouldn't be too long now!

leslie03

Retire Member
Jul 14, 2008
Augusta, GA
Well...maybe I'm a little nutty, but I drink hot chocolate every morning. It keeps my spirit happy. :grin: I only drink it at work. When it starts getting cool we will fix a cup at night and top it with the little marshmellows (lots of them!). That's when it's the best!

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
This morning it was so nice and cool - I had a hot Chia Latte with nutmeg on top, you could see steam :frosty: from my cup. My little morning indulgence!

give_me_a_latte

Retire Member
Jul 21, 2008
SE GA
I've been making chowder and chili for dinner this week...hoping if I start cooking like it's Fall, maybe it will come sooner??? Hahaha....

I also can't wait for Pumpkin Spice Lattes. I treat myself to only one or two from SBux, but I make them fairly often at home.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
It's sweater weather here! It dropped about 15 degrees overnight! I got up and wrapped myself in a heavy sweater and blanket while I had a steaming cup of coffee! Wish it was hot chocolate but I just wasn't prepared! lol.

It's coming....... :grin:

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Oooooooooo, hot chocolate does sound good. I usually make my own mix in a big tupperware bowl; love it with marshmallow creme or mini marshmallows. Yummo. I do love the stuff, but it is a bad habit for me to get into. Sigh. We have had cooler temps for August and it has been nice, but I think I am ready for fall. And hot chocolate. :0)

:bigsnow:

iluv2scrap

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Michigan
www.facebook.com
I love hot chocolate and the mornings are starting to get a little cooler here too. I'm avoiding caffeine though so have to look at my packets, i was happy to find that Nestle Quik is like 99% caffeine free so i can always use that in hot milk if i cant find anything else that works. If you know of any caffeine free hot chocolate brands or recipes please let me know, thanks. :)

snowangel00

Santa's Elves
Oct 9, 2007
Winter Wonderland
We have been experiencing weather that is much cooler than our 'normal' August heat. So, this past weekend I decided to make a big pot of chili. It was so delicious! And, I loved being able to eat a Fall dish w/o feeling like I was going to pass out from the oppressive heat.

I look forward to being able to make my favorite Fall dishes soon.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
cant wait for starbucks fall drinks to come out. love the pumpkin spice ones. :party:

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Just thinking last night while sitting at a football game that I needed hot chocolate. Practice started the first week of August and have been wearing a sweatshirt every night, but that could be with the lake being 25 feet from the fields.

When I am at work and browse through goosebeery books, recipes, and other holiday things I drink hot cocoa. My locker at work has a box of hot cocoa in it and I just boil hot water in the coffee pot. And I live in Florida...lol!!!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I just read your post, christmascreaions, and I am off to make a cup of hot chocolate right now! :globe:

thechristmasnut

Retire Member
Jun 30, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
I keep it around year round... :haha: and on the days im really longing for Christmas and cooler weather I just drop the a/c down to about 68... turn on a christmas movie and have some.... :haha:

I cant wait till I dont have to pretend cause everyone in my family thinks Im loosing it...

txgal

Retire Member
Nov 11, 2007
Texas
Oooh, that sounds good. But it's still in the 90s here, so I'll have to wait a little longer to have some.