ALL I WANT TO DO IS CLEAN

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

jodilee10128

Retire Member
Oct 23, 2007
I can't do anything BUT clean my apartment b/c it is -41 C outside.

We are freeeeeeeezing over here. Can't go skating or sledding.

This weather has been good for only one reason. I have no desire to be anywhere but indoors so therefore, the house gets cleaned EVERY DAY!!!! When Spring rolls around I won't have any more cleaning to do and I can enjoy the great weather (if it ever comes)

Here's to living in Canada!!!!

jkbb2

Retire Member
Oct 17, 2007
ohhhhh! my goodness! that is SO VERY cold! But you are cleaning! think of how much more you will enjoy the spring!? here's a :grouphug: to keep you warm! or to get you warm?

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
We had that -40 stuff last week. Today, our windchill is only -26*C. I can relate! When it's cold like this, there are three satisfying things to do: baking, cleaning or curling up with a book and a hot mug of tea/coffee/hot chocolate. :grin:

jodilee10128

Retire Member
Oct 23, 2007
Yes -40 is cold. You guys THINK you have it bad. Just try coming to Canada for a weekend in January.

Next weekend we are going to be curling on the frozen River. Last year it was -36 C. We'll see how cold it gets this year. The extended forecast reads about -18 so that is fine. Fingers Crossed.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
We had -39 with the wind at the beginning of the week. Tonight is -25 (not counting the wind factor).............. wish it would be a little hotter. oh well it's Canada

Wow!!!!! And I was thinking it's a little chilly here! At 8 degrees c in my neck of the woods, we're having a heatwave compared to you guys!!!!!!
It can't be that cold around here, 'cos I spotted the first daffodils coming up when I was walking the dog this morning. Very definite green stalks and a few little leaves scattered all over the grass near the fields.
Feel a bit seen off, actually, as we really wanted some snow! Honestly- we Brits are never happy with the weather! :roll:

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I can completely relate. It was -37 with windchill the other day, and our house is so poorly insulated you can feel the winds by the window. Our house is pretty clean because the only way to stay warm was to keep moving.

santamama

MHH Member
OK, you can keep your cold, my bones go to aching when we get below 60!! This has been the coldest week yet.